dvd player connection to DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buffee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
who knew u couldn't continue a thread that is more than 55 days old.....hence the reason I have to start this one again.
I have DISH dvdr 625. I have an older tv without the red, blue & white connectors. I just finished reading the replys to my previous thread about this and there seems to be conflicting opinions on how it can be done.
now someone looked at my tv/dvr lastnight & they said I can connect my dvd player straight into the dvR..via the red, white & yellow2 outputs. Someone else said NO I need an rf modualor box.....can a dvd player just be connected via the ouput on the dish DVR or do I need the RF box.??? thank u again:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

To me, you should just try it. It's not like you could harm anything. Although I will say this, even if you could hook it up with yellow red and white rca cables why would you? That method is terrible for picture quality, hopefully your tv has a s-video or composite connection or even hdmi. I have a 35.00 dvd player with upconvert hooked up to my vizio tv by hdmi and it looks pretty good. Upconvert will never look as good as bluray but it's not bad for old dvds.

the tv is older it does not jack %$#@ for input----thats why i use an rf modulator in my bedroom. its not like i will ne viewing hd or blueray.....I just would like me & my mom to be able to watch some movies in the livingtoom instead of sqeezing everyone in my bedroom.......the tv in there is older also, and i hD TO GET THE RF BOX FOR IT, howe3ver I don't have the dvr in there....I was just curious if it could be done straight thru the dvdr.....and if it can would u put it on channel 3 to watch dvds?

You'll definitely need an RF modulator. I'm assuming your TV only has one coaxial in so you'll have to put a switch between your TV and your two components (DVD and 625).

Does your dvd player have a tuner? If so, you can do it just like hooking up a vcr which is explained in the manual. Oops...n/m you still have to have the red,white and yellow to be able to view what is on the dvd player. Damn meds messing me up.

You'll definitely need an RF modulator. I'm assuming your TV only has one coaxial in so you'll have to put a switch between your TV and your two components (DVD and 625).
hey thanks..I thought so, but the guy that looked at the back of the 625 last night said that i COULD CONNECT STRAIGHt into the dvr....guess i'll be buying yet another modulator.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts