DVD-R with ATSC tuner

They probably do exist, but as with most combination units, it would be more expensive to get than to just buy a dvd recorder and hook it into a High Definition tuner. I have a Lite-On Recorder which record in +R +RW or -R -RW fomats. It also records audio cd format and SuperVCD format on any CDR or CDRW. It's hooked up to a Motorola DSR-550 Voom receiver through an S-video wire. My receiver is set to stretch (not zoom or letterbox) 16:9 material to fill oblong into a 4:3 ratio. I play it back on a Widescreen television and set the dvd player to correct the aspect ratio, and it displays a high quality SD image in 16:9 ratio.

This situation is not very different from just plugging a DVD burner into the S-video and RCA audio ports on your STB.

Unless the DVD burner is Blue-Ray or HD DVD you will only get DVD quality recordings anyway.

stevend is right.

I have an ATI HDTV Wonder in my PC and I do record onto hard disk in HD.

Last time I searched for DVD recorder component equipment with an ATSC tuner I found a few DVRs with a DVD recorder built in the price shock was way more than I would pay. The other option is to use a samsung sir-t165 or a macro image technology mdr-200 with a DVD recorder that has firewire jacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)