Dvdo Video Scaler

jmartinacevedo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Does anyone have an opinion about this gadget? (see pic below) It would appear to be geared toward those wishing to upconvert DVD signals or SD signals from their satellite receiver into 720p or 1080i.

Martin:
Here's the link:http://www.dvdo.com/images/iscan-hd-def.jpg

Attachments

• iscan-hd-def.jpg
    iscan-hd-def.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 154
Yes, I heard some positive reviews on AVS. You might want to do a search there. I was looking at this when I first bought my rear projection TV but found out later that the scaler of my projection TV was as good as this one. I was planning to use to clean the SD signals but was dissapointed to know that the SD signal is bad to begin with so it will not make a difference. Just my 5 cents :) If you really want to know more, go to AVS scaler or projection forum and do a search. You will know all the good and bad.

I actually have my TV do the upconverting. Very impressed with the quality. When watching SD channels, I switch over the the SVideo input on my TV and let it do the conversion. I have a Phillips Cineos set, and the Pixel Plus filter in it is outstanding. Looks better than letting the VOOM box do the upconvert

Sean Mota said:
Yes, I heard some positive reviews on AVS. You might want to do a search there. I was looking at this when I first bought my rear projection TV but found out later that the scaler of my projection TV was as good as this one. I was planning to use to clean the SD signals but was dissapointed to know that the SD signal is bad to begin with so it will not make a difference. Just my 5 cents :) If you really want to know more, go to AVS scaler or projection forum and do a search. You will know all the good and bad.
Isn't that where the saying "You can't polish a terd." comes from? :)

jmartinacevedo said:
Does anyone have an opinion about this gadget? (see pic below) It would appear to be geared toward those wishing to upconvert DVD signals or SD signals from their satellite receiver into 720p or 1080i.

It really depends on the quality of the internal scaler in your TV. E.g., many plasma monitors have a very decent internal scaler and this gadget will not improve the SD signal any further. Also, unless very sophisticated cleaning processing is performed, upconverted overcompressed garbage SD signal still looks like, well, upconverted overcompressed garbage SD, not like DVD or HD.

I have the ultra scan and am very happy with it on my 4dtv recevier there are no video adjustments and my picture my very dark and even turning up the brightness on my 65 mitisubihi did not help now with the ultra I can adjust all aspects of the picture and the built in line doubler give a excellent picture tom me it was worth the money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)