DVI Conflict w/ VOOM and Some Tvs

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have made an inquiry on this. The engineers at VOOM are aware of the problem and are working on it. In the meantime, use the component until this is resolved. The "component" solution is not a real solution but it is a temporary solution until this is resolved.

See this thread for others who are having similar problems: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=36690

Sean, Voom boxes seem to have another problem with DVI:

I have an Olevia 30", which when connected through DVI would loose sync (I assume this is what is happening) every time I change the channel. The colors become inverted - really psychedelic. To remedy it, you have to turn either the TV or the Voom box off and then on.

I noticed that if you put the Voom box in "Native" mode, then you can change the channels and not loose sync, but this only lasts until either the TV or the STB is turned off. Then the psycho colors return the moment you change a channel or until you put the STB in "Native" again.

I have exchanged the Olevia and the problem is still there. Their tech support claims that some Moto STBs use a non-standard DVI and this is a known problem, but it can be fixed.

I have seen other posts about this and was wondering if Voom is looking into it.

(And please, mention Non-Linear Stretch for 4x3 material as well:)

Sean, I can try to do a search later tonight.

It might be a good idea to start a sticky thread so that people can put in their TV model numbers.

This way you will catch some who may have not bothered to post until now.