DVI-HDTV to HDMI ?

jimmyfro5

Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
hey
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Can someone tell me, will a HDMI to DVI cable allow me to connect my dvi-hdtv Sony TV to my HDMI DVD Player? My TV's DVD -hdtv input has 2 or 3 rows of 8 pins with the one larger terminal/pin. I understand there's a lot of problems with conversion and support.

(Back of Sony HD TV) - DVI-HDTV Female Input -------------------->HDMI output (back of DVD Player.)

Jim
[/FONT]

hey
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Can someone tell me, will a HDMI to DVI cable allow me to connect my dvi-hdtv Sony TV to my HDMI DVD Player? My TV's DVD -hdtv input has 2 or 3 rows of 8 pins with the one larger terminal/pin. I understand there's a lot of problems with conversion and support.

(Back of Sony HD TV) - DVI-HDTV Female Input -------------------->HDMI output (back of DVD Player.)

Jim
[/FONT]

Lakebum answered correctly. I am only adding this because I am successfully running a similar combination with an HDMI upconverting player feeding into DVI on a Sony 36XBR85 CRT set with DVI input. I have separate audio inputs, but generally run the audio through a HT receiver anyway. The Sony is only stereo analog input.

Lakebum answered correctly. I am only adding this because I am successfully running a similar combination with an HDMI upconverting player feeding into DVI on a Sony 36XBR85 CRT set with DVI input. I have separate audio inputs, but generally run the audio through a HT receiver anyway. The Sony is only stereo analog input.

I run the same to my Mitsubshi.

you guys rock, audio clarification

thanks guys.

hey, do u recommend a toslink Optical audio connection Vs RCA ? I think I also have component audio ins also.

thanks guys.

hey, do u recommend a toslink Optical audio connection Vs RCA ? I think I also have component audio ins also.

Stop. You don't have component audio in. There's no such thing. You have left/right channel inputs in for your component video connections.

I also don't believe you have toslink audio in either. That toslink audio on the display is for outputting to your receiver/preamp dolby digital audio for OTA NTSC. It's not for DVD/cable/satellite/HD DVD/Blu-Ray/etc. in.

If you have a receiver, I withdraw what I just said. Otherwise, you are stuck with left/right RCA (white/red) audio connectors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts