DVR-1100c Bug: Freeze Blindscanning in TP Edit - Resolved

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

meinename

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2008
Portland, OR
Well I finally am reporting this bug.

Bug is present in DVR-1100c firmware dated the 31st Jan 2009
Unit was updated via OTA update from 97W Ku after resetting unit to Glorystar mode.
Unit was then set in Advanced mode and had backed up channel list (SDB) reloaded.

Running advanced mode, enter TP Edit from Channel Search by pressing red button.
Set search options to "blind scan" and hit search.
Unit becomes unresponsive, requiring flipping the back power switch to recover.

BTW has anyone had OTA update work yet in Advanced mode?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran in to a simular problem when I added AMC 9 on port 4 of my switch. Using the unit as a meter to lock the signal when it found the signal it became unresponsive, requiring flipping the back power switch to recover.

This lock-up error occurs in both the DSR100c and the DVR1100c with both the Glorystar and the Advanced modes. We will address in a future firmware release. As a Blind Scan function is usually not performed in the TP edit screen, the fix for this issue has not been given a high priority.
Well I finally am reporting this bug.
Bug is present in DVR-1100c firmware dated the 31st Jan 2009
Unit was updated via OTA update from 97W Ku after resetting unit to Glorystar mode. Unit was then set in Advanced mode and had backed up channel list (SDB) reloaded. Running advanced mode, enter TP Edit from Channel Search by pressing red button. Set search options to "blind scan" and hit search. Unit becomes unresponsive, requiring flipping the back power switch to recover.

Confimed: The OTA update works in the Advanced Mode by manual update (not automatic). This feature may have been defeated if the channel list that was reloaded after updating to the new firmware has a satellite other than Galaxy 19 in satellite position #1. You may need to modify your satellite list to have G19 in position # 1.
BTW has anyone had OTA update work yet in Advanced mode?

Unable to duplicate. What transponder was the receiver on during the alignment?
I ran in to a simular problem when I added AMC 9 on port 4 of my switch. Using the unit as a meter to lock the signal when it found the signal it became unresponsive, requiring flipping the back power switch to recover.

Did this lock-up occur once or is repeatable? Not able to duplicate on DVR1100c with V3.17 firmware.

It happened several times in TP Edit mode. It did it while peaking the Glorystar dish with the twin LNB's on AMC4 and G19 and again while tweaking another dish pointed at AMC 9.

It happened in advanced mode and Glorystar mode. It finds the signal. Then while tweaking the dish the receiver locks. Turning the switch off in the back fixes it. This is with V3.17 firmware. I have had no problems while blind scanning.

The problem for me seems to be only in TP Edit mode while peaking the dish, not blind scanning.

For Gary Z TP bug, I have problems using the NIT ID "Disney/ABC" encrypted TP on 121W. :eureka
Try 3980 V 27690. Sorry I'm not near my unit to look it up. :eek:

After a minute or so, (RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF PEAKING) Unit locks up requiring power switch toggling.
Very frustrating considering I'm usually outside looking in the window 30 FEET AWAY AND 8 FEET UP :mad:

And I suppose the Order of Satellites and Transponders has a lot to do with my automatic OTA update issue.
Thankfully it is so easy to backup settings, factory default, Glorystar, OTA update, and reload channels. :rolleyes:
Or I could just edit a Factory list again. :D
I'll need a new remote as a backup. :eek: :up :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)