DVR-1100C Losing Time

Elder:
Do you have the time setting on manual or set by the satellite? I know when it is set by the satellite, the clock is about 3 minutes slow. I have mine manually set, but now I think I'll double check it when I get home from work. Thanks for the heads up.

Elder:
Do you have the time setting on manual or set by the satellite? I know when it is set by the satellite, the clock is about 3 minutes slow. I have mine manually set, but now I think I'll double check it when I get home from work. Thanks for the heads up.
I have set mine manually in the past, but it never seemed to stay on manual. The next time I would hit time adjust it would be back on auto adjust. Then after Brian fixed it it was right on, in fact I used it as my precise time until I noticed the problem today. I'll do a manual adjust and double check to see if it stays on manual or goes to auto. Thanks.

OK here's what I did. I went to manual and set the time correctly, then came back to time adjust found auto adjust to be highlighted so I clicked on it anyway and exited. Time will tell, no pun intended!

8/19 10:00 Time check: Lost 1 minute since last evening.

8/20 00:27 Time check: Now 2 minutes behind.

8/20 20:25 Time check: Now 3 minutes behind.

Last edited:
I seem to be squared away on time now. I think part of my problem was interpreting the screens. In the case of ALL CHANNEL or FAV the screen clearly indicates which you are on, but on TIME ADJUST it appears that you are on AUTO TIME SET when you may not be. Unlike a computer or VCR the DVR apparently doesn't keep time well on its own, or mine doesn't.

I seem to be squared away on time now. I think part of my problem was interpreting the screens. In the case of ALL CHANNEL or FAV the screen clearly indicates which you are on, but on TIME ADJUST it appears that you are on AUTO TIME SET when you may not be. Unlike a computer or VCR the DVR apparently doesn't keep time well on its own, or mine doesn't.
I give up, the time is lagging again and I left it on Auto for sure!

Your receiver is not in automatic time setting..... Just checked the server and it is correct.

Once you changed the receiver to manual time mode, it will stay in that mode until a Factory Reset is performed on the receiver. Perform a Factory Reset on the receiver and do not activate Manual Time Mode. Your time will be right on......

Your receiver is not in automatic time setting..... Just checked the server and it is correct.

Once you changed the receiver to manual time mode, it will stay in that mode until a Factory Reset is performed on the receiver. Perform a Factory Reset on the receiver and do not activate Manual Time Mode. Your time will be right on......
How does one restore time after a power outage or rear panel turn-off? I did a factory default just after noon Aug 28, then experienced a freeze trying to do a blind scan and had to shut off at the rear panel. The system came back up with a Dec 2006 date and time, which remained at least until 5:00PM, then came up 3 or 4 minutes slow where it remains. I don't know if it came up on its own or because I was trying an OTA update which failed apparently due to rain fade and I exited.

I repeated the factory default and OTA this morning (Aug 29) and the time is still 3 or 4 minutes slow.

Last edited:
Sorry that the time has slipped again.

We are working with the uplinker to correct this time slip. The encoder is supposed to be locked to UTC, but the timing keeps dropping. The encoder manufacturer is working with the uplink engineers to provide a long term solution.

Last edited:
Sorry that the time has slipped again.

We are working with the uplinker to correct this time slip. The encoder is supposed to be locked to UTC, but the timing keeps dropping. The encoder manufacturer is working with the uplink engineers to provide a lo0ng term solution.
Thanks much! I don't mean to be a problem I am a happy customer who is learning through this whole process. Hard to believe that I was involved with the first use of K-band to transfer TV for public viewing. It was educational TV via ATS-6 and I don't recollect whether we used 20 or 30 GHz.

My time is correct today but I had to do a simple reboot with a rear panel off/on to get there. The time came up Dec 2006 08:00 but a short time later was corrected to what appears to be the right time. Either this was a coincidence or my receiver is not receiving automatic updates. I haven't set time manually since doing a factory default and OTA August 29 after a power outage. I had been compensating by setting timers five minutes early then it crept past five minutes yesterday so I did the simple reboot and all is well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)