DVR-1100c Start Record Freeze - Resolved

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
A program came on that I wanted to capture so I hit start record (button 28) on the remote. At the end of the program I hit stop (button 29) only to find all was frozen. I finally had to turn the unit off at the rear panel so my recording was not saved. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably due to an USB device error (buffer overrun). What type and model memory?
I use a Maxtor OneTouch 4Plus 500GB which works fine for timers. This is the first time I ever tried a one hour program without using a timer. It was still recording, that is the light was blinking on the Maxtor, until I killed the power to the DVR. It may just be a fluke, I'll try again when I am not tied up with other things. I didn't want to try again at this time since I had to reset the time after the power off/on.

OK, I first tried a timer to be sure the Maxtor was working properly. With several tries I could not get a timer to work.

Then I tried a timer with the DVR turned off and it worked.

I tried a timer with the DVR left on, but with a channel change and it worked.

I tried another timer without a channel change and it didn't work.

Then I moved on to a start record and it worked fine on several tests, stopping without a freeze. So it appears that my original problem was a fluke.

I am left a bit confused as it now appears that the way I have on occasion used timers with the DVR left on no longer works unless the timer requires a channel change.

We have tested current firmware v3.17 timers without error. Timers work with or without channel change.

You may wish to save your recorded programs, perform a factory reset of the receiver then reformat the hard drive using the receiver.

We have tested current firmware v3.17 timers without error. Timers work with or without channel change.

You may wish to save your recorded programs, perform a factory reset of the receiver then reformat the hard drive using the receiver.
Thanks, I was thinking maybe to do that but was waiting on v3.20 to incorporate it as well. In the interim I'll just power off after setting timer, I'm used to that from VCR days anyway.

I missed a timer with the DVR turned off so I had to move on. I performed the recommended factory default and an OTA and I am now back in business. Today I successfully used a timer with the DVR on and the desired channel selected.

Maybe such action should be taken on occasion rather than waiting on problems, after all the DVR is close kin to a PC and PCs need restarts on occasion. Anyway I am back in the happy mode!

We subscribe to the adage " If it isn't broke, don't try and fix it".... Conversely, if it is broke, take steps to fix it. :D
Normally I would agree, but it depends upon just how much importance one might assign to a missed program. Restarts are pretty easy, especially since time seems to recover within a reasonable time now. It sounds like v3.20 will really make things even better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts