DVR 510 record / playback problem

RNA

Original poster
Jan 13, 2004
Hello to all,

Last night my 510 had a hard time switching between channels (no weather or switch problems - already checked) taking about 30 - 40 seconds to switch and getting slower each time. I then got the acquiring satellite screen and it never got passed the 5th check. The system would then go blank, the green light would go out and return (seemed to be resetting) and then back to the acquiring satellite screen. I went through the standard reset phases (unplug, remove and insert smart card, hold the power button for 6 seconds, etc.). This time, when restarting the system got past the satellite check, but then gave me an error screen reading "disk full and unable to perform record function, you need to erase.......,". However, I never tried to record anything at the time, also, my system was only about 1/3 full with saved recording. If I now press the DVR button, I get and error 024 " unable to perform functin, data not available ...."

Aftering going through the whole reset process again, still error 024. I called dish and they had me go through the reset again, but could not diagnose the problem. They are RA-ing me another 510 (under warranty).

Has anyone ever had this problem? Is the hard disk curropted? Is there a command to reformat (knowing I'll lose all previous saved data/recordings), Anyway to resolve and retreive previous saved shows?

Interstingly, I can play back what I'm watching instantly, but cannot record a program without the "disk full" error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

Maybe this is a problem with the receiver to where it is not correctly detecting that there is time left on the hard drive or it is not showing all of the events that is currently available on the DVR Events screen.

Did you check to see what satellite signal you was getting? If you are getting a good signal (in which a switch test that checked out ok seems to indicate a good signal) then it seems like the receiver is just bad. I do not think this is a common problem that is found. That seems like a very good decision that was made in getting the receiver RA'ed for replacement.

SatelliteGuys "Best In Show" Award

811 problem I thought was fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)