DVR 522 Audio Sync - Dish is not aware of the issue!!

lanman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
I just called Dish and they are only aware of an issue with the audio being out of sync when a timer kicks off in the background. I am experiencing the audio sync issue VERY often and not when timers are kicking off in the background. It happens when I am watching a pre-recorded program and I skip forward or when I do nothing at all the audio drops out for a second and comes back out of sync! A reboot makes the issue go away for a while only to return later.

In other words they are not working on a fix for this issue!!!

If you are experiencing audio sync problems PLEASE help all of us by calling 1-800-333-DISH and asking tech support to open an "Uncommon Trend Report". If they receive enough of them they will realize how common the issue really is. I have 4 friends that have received their 522's in the last 2 weeks and everyone of them experience the audio sync issue daily.

Please call them as soon as possible, you will have to be in front of your receiver for the boot strap version and other information.

Thank you for your help,

Dan

I think there's another thread dealing with this. Are you using L233?

Admittedly, when I say I haven't noticed this...I say I haven't noticed it because ALL I watch at home are pre-recorded shows. Though, this would also say that timers are pretty much always kicking off in the background.

So, when this happens, are you currently watching something else live, or are you watching a pre-recorded show?

lanman said:
522 Audio Sync - Dish is not aware of the issue

LMAO!

Do you actually believe that?

Man, some people are so gullible. They believe ANYTHING a CSR tells them.

Considering the number of 522's out there (10's of thousands?), and how prevalent the problem is (every 522 has this problem), they probably get hundreds of calls a day on this issue alone.

There's a big difference between not being aware of a problem and not being able to fix a problem.

Amen to that one! Now I have some sympathy for guys with a brain tumor who have audio lag! I'm not sure that a software fix will do it, as there is a variance between channels. Locals don't have it, yet it is terrible on others, like FX. A delay line adjustment at the head end would be a better fix. The problem is present on both live and recorded shows. If I would have known about it, I sure wouldn't have switched from my 4DTV!!

Guess what? Dish IS aware of the audio sync problem. A few months ago, I was part of a team from SatelliteGuys.US that worked directly with the head of the engineering department, and they monitered our 522's to get more info on the problem.
I've only seen it once or twice since getting NBR - which is not a problem at all.

Call Dish and tell them about it, but don't believe it AT ALL when they say they aren't aware of the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)