DVR 522 Dial out

mrschwarz said:
I have had Vonage for a year and Dish for about 9 months. I don't use the 522 to look at my bill (it's much easier to do it online). I have never been charged the $5.00 fee. I have purchase a bunch of PPV movies and they have appeared on my bill.

Apparently, Vonage is good enough for these things, but not so good for an active dialed in session.

It's no big deal for me. There's nothing that it needs to dial up that I am interested in. If you want to use those features, Vonage is probably not for you.

As long as the PPV purchases appear on your bill, the receiver is successfully calling out.

chaddux said:
As long as the PPV purchases appear on your bill, the receiver is successfully calling out.

That was my point. It apparently is stable enough to upload whatever is required for PPV billing, but cannot handle a more complex session, such as viewing a bill.

When I got dish, ot said I needed to be hooked up to a phone line all the time. They never qualified what kind of phone line. The phone line test worked and the installer was happy with that.

522 not recording on TV2

Stereo?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)