DVR 622 HDMI is out...

rarhead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Cottontown, TN
The HDMI port on my DVR has bit the dust. The other connections seem to be working.

I have an external hard drive. If I was to call for a replacement box would the could I transfer the shows to the new box? Thanks for any help.

The HDMI port on my DVR has bit the dust. The other connections seem to be working.

I have an external hard drive. If I was to call for a replacement box would the could I transfer the shows to the new box? Thanks for any help.
Yes.

I replaced a 622 that had a bad HDMI and was able to switch out my EHD a number of times, more than 3. I am not sure how or why this happened but it worked out OK. By the way that was with 3 different replacement recievers!

Thanks! My wife was bummed when the picture and sound went out on A Christmas Story on TBS. I was just worried that the whole box had gone out and we had lost all our recordings. I appreciate y'alls help.

As long as we're on the subject...
Have they come up with a new hardware version of the 622 that has a more robust connector?
Mine crapped out a long time ago - back then I knew if got a replacement it would likely crap out again, so I didn't bother and have been using component.
My plan was to get a new one after EHD was enabled (done) and they fixed the design problem (done???)

Thought I was the only one. I had to hinky with the DVR during a outage and it went out. I have Composite working now and its good for me... for now.

My brother-in-laws HDMI on his box never worked at all. But my dad's and brother's have worked for over a year now. I did not realize it was such a problem.

It's sensitive to movement. Mine worked fine until I got a new AVR and started changing the cabling around. Seems to work if I prop it one way, but it's not worth it, my AVR up-converts component hook ups and I use the optical for sound, so no big deal. HDMI cuts down on the cabling, but it is all hidden anyway.

I lost my audio through the HDMI and had to unplug my tv and plug it back in to get it to work.Rebooting the sat receiver wouldn't work.