DVR 622 HDMI is out...

rarhead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Cottontown, TN
The HDMI port on my DVR has bit the dust. The other connections seem to be working.

I have an external hard drive. If I was to call for a replacement box would the could I transfer the shows to the new box? Thanks for any help.

The HDMI port on my DVR has bit the dust. The other connections seem to be working.

I have an external hard drive. If I was to call for a replacement box would the could I transfer the shows to the new box? Thanks for any help.
Yes.

I replaced a 622 that had a bad HDMI and was able to switch out my EHD a number of times, more than 3. I am not sure how or why this happened but it worked out OK. By the way that was with 3 different replacement recievers!

Thanks! My wife was bummed when the picture and sound went out on A Christmas Story on TBS. I was just worried that the whole box had gone out and we had lost all our recordings. I appreciate y'alls help.

As long as we're on the subject...
Have they come up with a new hardware version of the 622 that has a more robust connector?
Mine crapped out a long time ago - back then I knew if got a replacement it would likely crap out again, so I didn't bother and have been using component.
My plan was to get a new one after EHD was enabled (done) and they fixed the design problem (done???)

Thought I was the only one. I had to hinky with the DVR during a outage and it went out. I have Composite working now and its good for me... for now.

My brother-in-laws HDMI on his box never worked at all. But my dad's and brother's have worked for over a year now. I did not realize it was such a problem.

It's sensitive to movement. Mine worked fine until I got a new AVR and started changing the cabling around. Seems to work if I prop it one way, but it's not worth it, my AVR up-converts component hook ups and I use the optical for sound, so no big deal. HDMI cuts down on the cabling, but it is all hidden anyway.

I lost my audio through the HDMI and had to unplug my tv and plug it back in to get it to work.Rebooting the sat receiver wouldn't work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts