DVR 625 and IR on tv2?

tdoerr

Original poster
Dec 18, 2006
I have a 625. I want to connect my slingbox to use TV2 output but Slingbox requires IR control.
Slingbox has a device the would sit infront of the Dishnetwork 625 and when in the slingbox it changes the channels. I currently output TV2 to all TVs in the house using a distribution. If i want to change channel i use TV2 remote UHF to change the channel. This of course changes the channell on those other tvs.

Quesition is, can TV2, be set to IR? I want to still use Radio on TV2 but always illuminate IR.
Or is there a converter to convert IR to radio. I know they sell a IR-to-UHF Pro Upgrade Kit, but i guess they dont sell a UHF to IR.

My only other options is to get a second DVR or reciever and use Slingbox on it, but was hoping someone has found a way to use Slingbox on tv2.

NO.

Dish said on one of the last chats when they demo'd the slingbox that they'd have something to deal with the IR on TV2 so the slingbox could be used there rather than TV1.

Of course they say that about a lot of new features...:mad:

A certain insider who should know what she is talking about also told me this feature is in development but had no time frame for release.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)