DVR 625 Primary Remote Address Can't set to UHF Pro AND IR

AtlantaX

Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
GA
I need my primary output (TV1) to be operated in both IR and UHF mode. In the manual for the DVR 625 it shows that you can change the PRIMARY REMOTE ADDRESS to show UHF PRO AND IR. (It's right in the graphic on the "Enabling UHF Pro" page of the manual. However, I can only get it to *either* show UHF Pro or IR next to the little green TV1 icon on the System Info page. I can't get it to show the UHF AND IR label as it shows in the manual.

My 722 does this just fine, and my 501 did it just fine. And the manual for the 625 shows I can but I can't make it happen. Please help me figure this out. :)

Reason. I use this "little used" input to feed two things. My TV in the basement which I use the UHF transmitter to reach the 625 in my wire closet. While traveling, I also have a SLINGBOX sharing the output. The SB is only IR so I need TV1 to be able to accept IR for when I use the slingbox and UHF when I'm home in the basement. Again, I had the same setup on my 501 and it worked, and my 722 upstairs also works fine (I have another Slingbox there as well).

Back when I still owned a 625, I definitely set it in that mode. I don't remember TV1 having a UHF-only mode at all. Maybe the firmware has changed this feature? Back when it worked, the only confusion I had was getting the IR+UHF setting to stick. It wouldn't initially go into IR+UHF mode because both TV1 and TV2 remote addresses were set to "1" by default.

Just for grins, try setting TV2 to address "2" and see if you gain back the desired setting for TV1.

Thanks for replies....still not working

OK - I've been tinkering with this since last night and it only gets weirder.

Las night, after tinkering for a while (but not changing the setting - still says UHF Pro), the IR started working. I was playing with the UHF Pro/IR remote chips -trying different ones to see if that mattered. All of a sudden, IR started working alongside UHF Pro. I could go back and forth sending signals through my PC and the IR blaster and then picking up the UHF Pro and sending signmals. Worked for hours. Satisfied that I "figured it out", I powered off. Today, tried to power on using IR - wouldn't take. UHF worked. Can't make the IR work again.

So - I "can" make it work. Can't figure out "how" to KEEP it working, but it CAN work. Setting never changed from UHF Pro though. Ugh...this is maddening.

To the comment earlier about firmware - there has definitely been a firmware update since the screen no longer looks the same as the screen shot in the manual. I wonder if they broke this function when the firmware was updated?

Well, the issue isn't really slingbox related. It's an issue of the receiver supposed to be able to take both an IR and UHF input on TV1 - not either or. The manual says you can do it and I have it configured this way on my 722 and my old 5XX supported it. So...any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)