My phone use by Dish??

Smokin Joe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Alabama
I have both of my receivers set to update at 2AM. But lately they have been in "Use" at various times during the day. I have noticed that the length of use each time is less than half what it has been in the past. Did I miss some kind of notification? No real problem but a little pain in the behind starting up 3-4 times a day!@

I don't quite understand. Are you woried about DISH using your phone somehow or about guide updayes happening at odd times?

I think he is talking about reboots several times a day. That could spell trouble. The OP should unplug his receiver for a minute and then plug it back in, a hard reboot, to see if it fixes it.

I have both of my receivers set to update at 2AM. But lately they have been in "Use" at various times during the day. I have noticed that the length of use each time is less than half what it has been in the past. Did I miss some kind of notification? No real problem but a little pain in the behind starting up 3-4 times a day!@

Ok, I think you are confusing a few things, if I'm translating your post correctly:

1: If you have a recording set to happen at/during the 2am update time, (or somebody is up and watching, and cancels the update) the receiver will NOT update. It will wait until the recording is over, and update then inside of 1 hour after the recording finishes. That happens at whatever time, whether it's your 2am time or not. It does NOT ever update itself through the phone line. They only update firmware, etc. through streaming from the satellite signal itself. It will reboot for this.

2: The receiver dials out at RANDOM to Dish, to report usage data, PPV's purchased, state of health of receiver etc. That can happen at ANYTIME, ANY day, not just or only at your set 2am update time. This never should cause any sort of reboot, and you shouldn't manually reboot your receiver if it has your phone line tied up for a couple minutes during this process.

3: If you are having random reboots 3-4 times a day, there may be a problem with your receiver, or it may be overheating, or losing signal. Any of those can cause reboots.

DVR 625 Primary Remote Address Can't set to UHF Pro AND IR

FYI to Dish Subs in Tulsa and OKC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)