DVR 625 Problem

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I noticed a strange problem with my 625 this morning. It was recording everything for at least 4 hours, no matter what the timer was set to. Also, it seems to like to record Jimmy Kimmel Live although I cannot figure out why. When I checked the schedule, every entry has "No Information Available" instead of the name of the show it was supposed to record. Once shows are recorded, the names are correct.

Also of note, on 1/28, it rebooted and did a filesystem check. Every show recorded after that has been recorded for at least 4 hours. I did upgrade to the 150 hour capacity last fall. I plan to call tech support tonight, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone else had ever seen anything similar.

My 722 has not exhibited the same behavior.

Thanks,
Ted

Well, thanks for all the replies. ;)

Turns out a reset and check switch is all it took. After the check switch, the transponder changed when it goes through the Acquiring Satellite Signal. Anyway, all fixed now.

Ted

My 625 did another System Integrity Check (AKA fsck) today. It did the previous one on 1/28. Why so often?

Ted

OK. This is getting really old. My 625 is now doing FSCK's daily. Fail umount Count is now 183, and the HDD START FAIL count is now 1. I think I am about to lose my hard disk. Am I just being paranoid? As a Unix Systems Engineer, I would go ahead and replace a hard disk if the system was rebooting every day.

edit: and please don't tell me to call Dish Tech Support, because you all know they don't have a clue about filesystem integrity. I am asking for a more informed opinion.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)