DVR 625 receiver problem.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I found a DVR 625 and hooked it up to single 18" dish.
I was able to get into the menus and see I was getting signal.
I could not play the stuff that was recorded.
I left it plugged in overnight and now it just says
something about getting a new card and I can not get into the menus. Just shows one error screen.

I never had a card in it.
Is there any way I could get this subbed?

Thanks

I believe you can with a new purple card. I have talked Dish out of them for free, but they may want to charge you $40-50. (I don't remember what the number is.) Before you spring for a new card, make certain your "found" 625 isn't leased or come with a balance owed. If the receiver has an unpaid balance, you would have to pay it off before they will activate. You will not get Dish to activate a leased receiver under any circumstances.

That is a dual tuner DVR you really should have 2 lines connected for it to operate properly. Since leaving it plugged in overnight have you tried pushing the DVR button to try and play the recorded programming?

If you set up an account for your self, you will lose the records that may be there as they are tied to the account of the previous owner and not to you. In my opinion it may be possible if the previous owner reactivated the receiver the recordings may be there but that could be doubtful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)