DVR 625 Remote & Clock Questions

logixrat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Hey all, new to the forum and new to Dish Network as well. Actually had DN several years back but decided Cox just wasn't cutting it for us.
We opted for the DVR 625 receiver and are using it in multiple rooms. The main room has all our stereo equipment and other devices hooked up to it. So here are my questions:
1. Is there an option to enable normal clock viewing on the box? It appears to have a large enough display, but I haven't found the options in the menu. Our old cable box had it, and amazingly we have become rather lost w/o it. I know, other more traditional options exist but I prefer to be geeky if possible. :D
2. What is a good universal remote that can be used to enable full functionality of the DVR 625 functionality w/o costing several hundred dollars? Normally I would just use the supplied remote (at least for TV1) but after programming it does not allow entrance into the menu setup screen on my TV (important) and it doesn't even recognize my Denon receiver. Looking around today I found a One-For-All universal remote that looks like it may work. Any opinions? It was only $8 at Buy.com.
http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC6131n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)