DVR 625 restarts repeatedly

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

josephwelch

Original poster
May 24, 2007
Hi,

My DVR 625 restarts repeatedly and unexpectedly. It happens most often when I'm trying to record, but it also happens when just viewing live TV or programs already on the DVR.

Another issue is that if I try to get guide information more than 1 hour in the future it displays a message that the information is not available and gives me the option to download it, but the download always fails after several seconds. Sometimes when I try to set a timer it also states that guide information is not available and fails. Many of my recorded programs have no title or guide information associated with them.

I'm using a DVR 625 hooked up to 2 TV's with no phone line and some minor foliage issues which degrade the signal from 119. I also have a non-DVR receiver with 2 TV's hooked up to the same Dish 500.

Any ideas?

BTW, this is my first post. I couldn't find a FAQ so hopefully I didn't violate any secret forum protocols.

Thanks,
joe

You have several problems but primarily your 625 does sound like it is going bad so its time to contact dish for a replacement.

Since you know that you have a foliage issue with the 119 then its probably a good indication that your also having bigger issues with the 110 wich is where your EPG info comes from.

If Im correct the receiver has failed to download the EPG because you dont have a phone line connected.

Ok, the non-DVR receiver updates the program guide info without any problems... so I probably just have a bad 625 right? I'm a new Dish customer, I just had this all installed like 2 months ago. Is it possible they gave me a refurbished 625?

Anyway, I guess my next step is to get Dish on the phone to send me a new 625.

Thanks again,

joe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)