DVR 625 upgrade for an existing customer

asdpoiu

Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Can anyone tell me if there is anyway around the $99 installation / upgrade fee for the Dishn It Up program if you buy your own 625? The customer service people say that even if I buy my own DVR on EBAY or the like, it will still have to be installed. Thanks.

If doing it myself involves plugging it into the right holes in the wall and my AV equipment then yes. I dont have to repoint dishes or dink around with the settings on the new receiver do I? Or if I do is there a place on the web that explains what to do?

This is the place. Plenty of others have done what you are wanting to do, don't be afraid to search.

As long as you have two cables coming from the outside, or one with DPP technology and a separator, you should be fine. Run "check switch" before activating.

When you're ready to install it, come here like Pepper said and we'll help you out.

It will be good to tell us what kind of equipment you have, # of receivers, switches, LNBs, # of dishes, etc.

What wording did you use to swing that?

dlh1435 said:
just contact ceo@dishnetwork.com and tell them you old box is went out.and they will get you a 625 for free.that is what I did when I din't want my 522 anymore.and it worked.

What did you say in your message to the CEO group for them to give you this offer? I've had hit or miss luck with that address...just as much as with the regular CSRs...did you have to haggle/go back and forth with them...or did they just throw that offer out there? Did you threaten to leave if they didn't replace it? Were you under a lease with the 522 or the DHPP program?

As far as this overall post is concerned:
I'm not quite sure what offer is being shown to our first poster in this thread, but I show a DIU (Dish'n It Up) offer to get a 625 for $49 up front with $5/month lease fee...and the $49 is either for installed or for shipped directly to me, so I cannot understand where this $99 amount came from.

Thanks for the info.

I was debating between the 622 and the 625. I wanted to do my own upgrade. They told me they would "RMA" my 510 and send me a new 625, I could self install, and I would own the receiver, no charge involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts