DVR 721 will not record ESPN channels

kfinto

Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Actually I cannot pause, record or go back on any of the ESPN channels (140-144). If I record one of these channels I get a zero second recording. Is there something wrong with my DVR 721 or is this something Dish did with ESPN?

Is it just those channels? Or all channels have no DVR function? Do you get an error message >> Like ERROR 024?

I tested channels 120-139 and 149-150 and all DVR functions work with those. Only 140-144 have the problem. There is no error message.

Odd issue indeed, try checking every channel ( I know its time consuming ) and see what you get. Have you had any other issues besides this lately?

Odd issue indeed, try checking every channel ( I know its time consuming ) and see what you get. Have you had any other issues besides this lately?

I recently replaced the hard drive. I got the image of the hard drive from another 721.

It might take me a day or two to report back if any other channel has the problem.

Why would that cause an issue? Aren't all 721's the same?

They start off the same. But things are stored on the hard drive like user preferences and favorites lists. There are databases on disk that hold the 9 day guide and what channels you are activated for.

You can wipe the drive and it will start with a fresh install using the last software version it downloaded by doing this:

1. Press Menu->6 System Setup->5 Diagnostic Test.
2. Press Info->Right->Left to get into Memory Dump Screen.
3. Press RECALL->Page Down->UP.
4. Press REVERT TO FACTORY. It will not install Factory Code. It will delete all your recordings and such though. It will reinstall the hard drive with last downloaded software version. Reboot at the end of Installation Step 2 by pulling the smart card out a little and pushing it back in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)