Dvr 722k not recording shows

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ryans80

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I have my DVR 722k set to record several shows. Recently it has quit recording some shows. Ex Walking Dead, Pit boss, Ax Men. The shows are still set to record new episodes in timers but doesn't show any scheduled recordings. The red x doesn't show in the guide for old episodes and its not a priority issue. The only way to remedy this is to delete the timer all together and set a new timer. Has anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions?

thanks

This happens to me all the time. The exact same problem. It is getting old to have to double check my timers every week - only to find that a handful are not going to fire. The only solution, like you mentioned, is to delete that bad / corrupt timer and make a new timer. This has been happening me for over 2 years. I went as far as replacing my 722 with a new unti....same thing happens. At one time, the Dish care folks said it was a known firmware problem...and they were working on a FIX.

The ONE thing I want my DVR to do, is fire a timer when I program it to. If the DVR can't do that basic function reliably - there is a problem.

Some people claim this may be a function of bad GUIDE info, but I have my doubts, because if I set a new timer to replace the old one - problem solved.

I am a huge Dish Network fan and subscriber for over 12 years, but this problem keeps me from signing a new 24 month contract with them. There will be one day when I get tired of going through all my timers and missing shows...then it will be time for a change.

There have been a few other threads about this issue, but I am surprised how few people this affect.

Chris...

Just happened to me again was checking timers for tonight and noticed Survivor and the Middle was not going to record. Had to delete the timer and reset. Very frustrating.

Same here. Just checked for new duck dynasty next week and it isn't showing the new episodes, however it is showing all of the 50 skipped old ones for the next few days. Hopefully after those pass it will schedule the new ones. Maybe there is a limit on episodes.

Same here. Just checked for new duck dynasty next week and it isn't showing the new episodes, however it is showing all of the 50 skipped old ones for the next few days. Hopefully after those pass it will schedule the new ones. Maybe there is a limit on episodes.

In your case it will record. In our case it won't show any episodes even the old ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts