DVR 921? Where can I get one?

The only reason I would be cautious over a JVC branded is that if something goes wrong, you may need to deal with an extra party / step in the remediation process since the JVC and E* brands are made by the same mfg. operation.

Speculation on my part- Since the new software has been announced for next week, we may see the doors open again if this latest version proves to fix major issues.

I had a JVC921, which was giving me trouble, that Dish swapped for an Echostar branded version. No questions asked. The strange part of the swap was that the Dish tech advised me that some one would call to set up a RMA. The next thing I knew there was a new 921 sitting outside my garage and I never received that promised call.

Floridaphil said:
I have emailed vssl.com severasl times without a reply. Does anyone have an email address for someone there. I considered getting one on ebay but cant bring myself to spend 12-1300 on one.

Keep trying the e-mail address you have and try the toll-free number listed on the site. Although I know that they are in the same boat as all other dealers at the moment. None to be had.

IFAIK the only place to get them at the moment is though e-bay 'profit-makers' and those seem to be drying up.

=John

Don Landis said:
The only reason I would be cautious over a JVC branded is that if something goes wrong, you may need to deal with an extra party / step in the remediation process since the JVC and E* brands are made by the same mfg. operation.

Speculation on my part- Since the new software has been announced for next week, we may see the doors open again if this latest version proves to fix major issues.

The warranty thing is my biggest concern. It looks like BCH has had no problem with the issue.

I was also told that dish had an "upgrade offer" for the 921 that would allow a 921 to be had for $699. I was told that this offer had been extended to the end of February, but was not available for the JVC models.

Does that sound right?

Thanks,
Larry

I got mine at Today's Satellite (800-900-7006). They're based in Houston, but there's a local Atlanta location (770-457-1137). I got it a little over a week from when the order was placed.

Larry-

Dish just decided on a 5000/HDTV modulator owner upgrade for $699. You must contact Dish via a special e-mail and they will contact you by phone. There are some other requirements like you can't resell the 921 and you must subscribe it for a year, send back your HDTV modulator etc etc. The details are posted by KenH in a thread in the AVS forum recorder section. IF you are in this category you should take advantage of it. The deadline is March 31 as I understand.

Don Landis said:
Larry-

Dish just decided on a 5000/HDTV modulator owner upgrade for $699. You must contact Dish via a special e-mail and they will contact you by phone. There are some other requirements like you can't resell the 921 and you must subscribe it for a year, send back your HDTV modulator etc etc. The details are posted by KenH in a thread in the AVS forum recorder section. IF you are in this category you should take advantage of it. The deadline is March 31 as I understand.

Thanks, Don.

Hey Scott. Should there be a thread started regarding the Dish Q/A hold on the 921's? I called several vendors today here in Atlanta and a few of them did mention this Q/A hold that is in effect from DN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)