DVR 921? Where can I get one?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
10 days from vmcsatellite.com

Floridaphil said:
This 921 situation is getting very old. Im about to move house and need a 921. If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

peachey@totallyflorida.com

I was annoyed looking between several sites (dishdepot, vssll, satelliteone, etc.), and then noticed someone who said they called vmcsatellite and got one from order to delivery in roughly 10 days. I called exactly 10 days ago, and even with an intervening holiday, it arrived today. They quoted 7-10 days, and they made it on the last day, even using UPS Ground.

Usually I like to support the little guy, but in this case, it seemed that no one else has/could get them, and the wait list for the sites that did have them was lengthy.

-NICK

I am not sure if my distributor has any or not. If they have some then I would require an upfront payment before ordering the 921 since it is such an expensive receiver. The retail price is $999 plus there would be a shipping charge. I have seen a number of people wanting these without having any luck so perhaps I could get some for those needing some but they could be in short supply at my distributor but they can reserve some for me if some people want them.

I called all around Nebraska and Iowa. They all said 2-3 weeks with a deposit. Most said they have only received one so far even though they have depostied orders for Dozens.

Whats up with they supply problem?

I think I remember reading on here about each retailer allowing to order one at first then later being allowed to order more of them.

Floodgates Opening?

Tracy at www.vssll.com says he has a shipment of 100 units of which 64 are not yet spoken for.

I am one of the 36 and hope to see mine by Tuesday or Wednesday.

=John

Another vote to try vanns.com for the JVC version. I signed up for their 'in stock' email notification..got to work early this morning and their website indicated stock was available so I ordered it...called them a bit ago and it is due to ship this evening scheduled for Wed. delivery :) Cancelled my dishdepot preorder this morning which I've had since Feb. 03.

Scott Greczkowski said:
We just shipped out another big batch of them today. :)

Our Waiting list is shrinking because users are getting their 921's :D

Just hasn't shrunk enough to include me :(
--
Rick

There are a bunch on Ebay but they are all in the range of $1200 - $1300. Not sure if they are worth it.

Paddy Hannon

I believe the "921 waiting list" is a joke.
I signed up on this last November and now read about people
buying them on there first few calls now.
Looks like the Directv HD Tivo will smoke E* again with a four month
latter release.

I have emailed vssl.com severasl times without a reply. Does anyone have an email address for someone there. I considered getting one on ebay but cant bring myself to spend 12-1300 on one.

We still have about 200 people on our waiting list.

Truth is we have not received a 921 in over 2 weeks. (And for that matter it seems no other dealer has eaither)

I have been told by a few at DISH that the 921 is a "QA HOLD"

I really wish we could get them in faster as we would love to get them out to you as quick as we can as well.

Scott Greczkowski said:
We still have about 200 people on our waiting list.

Truth is we have not received a 921 in over 2 weeks. (And for that matter it seems no other dealer has eaither)

I have been told by a few at DISH that the 921 is a "QA HOLD"

I really wish we could get them in faster as we would love to get them out to you as quick as we can as well.

Same here - it's been over 2 weeks since we've been able to get any also.

This whole 921 deal brings up a vision of some little old lady with a soldering iron personally making every 921... Now she has stopped making new ones and is repairing all the ones coming in from the field with the blue line problem.

I can understand wanting to keep production costs low, but the rate of manufacturing seems really slow.

I also have looked everywhere for a 921. I was told, today, by a large dish dealer that dish is only cranking out about 30 units a month. He said the JVC version is made by someone else and they are turning out about 20 units a day. He said getting the JVC is much easier. For some unknown reason, I am somewhat weary of the JVC version.

Anyone know if the JVC version is the same or should I hold out for the dish version? Is the JVC covered under the warranty plan or does it need to be sent somewhere different?

Thanks,
Larry

lapplegate said:
For some unknown reason, I am somewhat weary of the JVC version.
Why? Do you find it boring? :p

The JVC should be exactly the same on the inside as the Echostar branded one.

They should be equally wearisome :yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts