DVR Advantage Plan & DHHP

ToddG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Sep 30, 2003
DVR Advantage Plan & DHPP

Does the DVR Advantage Plan include the DHPP?

Thanks,
Todd

Last edited:

LarryC

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 25, 2007
St. Louis
My understanding is yes as long as you sign up for the 18 month committment. Early cancellation fee is $13.33 * number of months remaining.

LarryC

Jan 25, 2007
St. Louis
I just called to upgrade to the the DVR Advantage + HD and there was no waiving of the DHPP in their system. I went to the web site with the CSR on the phone and sure enough, it's nowhere in site as included in their description of the DVR Advantage.

I was quoted $57.99 for Top 250 w/ locals plus $5 for my additional receiver.

I'm confussed now. Guess I'll try emailing ceo for clarification.

Larry

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
I was quoted $57.99 for Top 250 w/ locals plus $5 for my additional receiver.

That's the price for the AT 250 (without HD)
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/at_250/packages.aspx
not the Dvr Advantage plan.

Dvr Advantage + HD + 250 upgrade should be 79.99 + 5 for extra receiver if it is a non HD receiver.

Not sure about the DHPP - i think if you are under contract agreement its included . if not you may pay extra but don't quote me on that.

LarryC

Jan 25, 2007
St. Louis
Sorry, forgot to add the HD piece ($20).

I was very specific about wanting the DVR Advantage with 250 and she said $52.99 + $5 for locals.

I've seen other posts where people couldn't get the 250 with DVR Advantage unless they picked up a premium channel as well for an additional $10. I havent' had that experience with the last two CSR's I've talked to. Still waiting to hear back from ceo about DHPP charges.

LarryC

Jan 25, 2007
St. Louis
OK, so I called again asking them how to cancel my service. The Indian CSR transfers me back to a US CSR. To be considered a "new" member, I cannot have service for 1 year. A "returning" customer is one coming back after 180 days.

Then I ask about the DHPP and she says as long as I commit to 18 months, it will be waived. But now, I have to continue paying my $5.98 DVR Service Fee which I thought I read was part of the DVR Advantage pack.

Maybe I've been thinking too hard and long about this that I'm not thinking straight any longer. I'm going to start over in the morning from square one with a clear mind.

Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)