DVR Advantage Premium Price Increase?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I may have missed this, but on my just received statement, they have increased my two premiums (one is the HD pack) a buck a piece,from $10.00 to 11.00 each. Had this been announced? So, my DVRA 200 increase is now $7.00, after the $3.00 credit. Their previous "no increase" e-mail specifically said no increase on "most" premiums. My other is HBO. The HITS just keep on coming.

Price increases were announced back in Dec. surprised you missed them. Also, the no price increase e-mail was hard to understand, but the word "most" should be a dead give a way as to "you have a 75% chance of not seeing an increase" or "a 25% chance that you will". I think Dish got some copywrite writers from advertising to do their e-mail pieces.

Price increases were announced back in Dec. surprised you missed them. Also, the no price increase e-mail was hard to understand, but the word "most" should be a dead give a way as to "you have a 75% chance of not seeing an increase" or "a 25% chance that you will". I think Dish got some copywrite writers from advertising to do their e-mail pieces.
I of course knew about the increases, just not about the DVR Advantage Premiums.

I may have missed this, but on my just received statement, they have increased my two premiums (one is the HD pack) a buck a piece,from $10.00 to 11.00 each. Had this been announced? So, my DVRA 200 increase is now $7.00, after the $3.00 credit. Their previous "no increase" e-mail specifically said no increase on "most" premiums. My other is HBO. The HITS just keep on coming.

They increased your HD package to $11.00?

I just got my bill reflecting the new pricing and my both of my "premiums" were still $10 (HD Gold, and Gold 250 addon).

If you have two premiums then it will be 22.00 a month. Add three premiums then it will be 31.00 a month. Add 4 premiums and then it will stay the same at 40.00 a month. So hd pack is one premium ,top 250 bonus pack is 2 premiums so 22.00 a month with dvr advantage pack. I just wonder how this effects if you have Cinemax for .01 cent? GOD! DISH is so confusing on how they do their programming. I think if you add premium movie packs the above applys 2 premiums=22.00 ,but if you are just adding top 250 and an hd pack it will be 20.00. The most confusing part is a that DISH adds all of them together as premium packs even when they aren't.

Well I looked at my bill for March and I am getting charged :

57.99 for classic 200 silver pack
10.00 for classic 250 gold bonus pack
10.00 for turbo gold hd pack
---------------------------------------
77.99 before tax

No mention of Cinemax at all even though I get it .

Here's the prices from the December retailer chat:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=32149&d=1229699893
http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=32149&d=1229699893

Any Classic package HD is a $10 add-on no matter what. The Classic Gold is a $10 add-on no matter what. They are counted as premiums and the premium prices go from there.

Maybe KAB should post the bill so everyone can see what the heck's going on.

Here it is. I have two 722's:

Mar 01 - Mar 31 HBO & SilverHD 22.00
DishDVR Advantage Classic Silver 200 - You
Saved $0.98! 57.99
TV2 Receiver Connection - (You Saved $5 By
Connecting Your Duo Receiver To A Phone Line
/ Broadband.) 0.00
Duo Receiver - (You Saved $5 With DishDVR
Advantage!) 0.00
DVR Receiver 11.99
Feb 09 DishDVR Advantage Credit - Adjustment -3.00
Feb 17 State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) 6.44

HBO is $15.99, SilverHD is $10.00, if you get 2 premiums it's $22.00 for both (saving you $3.99)

Premiums used to be $10.00 per with DVRA, HBO included, as in my last bill. Gonna call and find out what is what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts