DVR advantage questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I want to accomplish a few things including:

lower my bill
add HD
add another tv

I currently have AEP, an owned 508, a leased 510, and 2 older owned receivers.

My plan is to cancel dish, cancel my phone service, move, wife signs up as a new customer and get:

2 room HD dvr
2 room standard dvr
top 250, locals, HD
All current new customer perks

My questions are, will the receivers I receive be able to be hooked to the internet to avoid the 5 dollar no phone fee? Will I be able to active my owned 508 on my wife's new digital home advantage account later? If so, would I have to pay the no phone fee on it?

Thanks!

I want to accomplish a few things including:

lower my bill
add HD
add another tv

I currently have AEP, an owned 508, a leased 510, and 2 older owned receivers.

My plan is to cancel dish, cancel my phone service, move, wife signs up as a new customer and get:

2 room HD dvr
2 room standard dvr
top 250, locals, HD
All current new customer perks

My questions are, will the receivers I receive be able to be hooked to the internet to avoid the 5 dollar no phone fee? Will I be able to active my owned 508 on my wife's new digital home advantage account later? If so, would I have to pay the no phone fee on it?

Thanks!

I will try to tackle some of your questions.

1) will the receivers I receive be able to be hooked to the internet to avoid the 5 dollar no phone fee? The HD DVR (probably a 722 or a 622) will be able to, but the Standard DVR will probably be a 625 which can NOT be hooked up to ethernet (no port).

2) Will I be able to active my owned 508 on my wife's new digital home advantage account later? If so, would I have to pay the no phone fee on it? I believe that 508's can no longer be activated due to the TIVO Lawsuit (If I am wrong, someone let me know), but there will be no phone line fee because it is a single tuner model. The phone fee is only on Dual Tuners.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)