labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I want to accomplish a few things including:

lower my bill
add HD
add another tv

I currently have AEP, an owned 508, a leased 510, and 2 older owned receivers.

My plan is to cancel dish, cancel my phone service, move, wife signs up as a new customer and get:

2 room HD dvr
2 room standard dvr
top 250, locals, HD
All current new customer perks

My questions are, will the receivers I receive be able to be hooked to the internet to avoid the 5 dollar no phone fee? Will I be able to active my owned 508 on my wife's new digital home advantage account later? If so, would I have to pay the no phone fee on it?

Thanks!

I want to accomplish a few things including:

lower my bill
add HD
add another tv

I currently have AEP, an owned 508, a leased 510, and 2 older owned receivers.

My plan is to cancel dish, cancel my phone service, move, wife signs up as a new customer and get:

2 room HD dvr
2 room standard dvr
top 250, locals, HD
All current new customer perks

My questions are, will the receivers I receive be able to be hooked to the internet to avoid the 5 dollar no phone fee? Will I be able to active my owned 508 on my wife's new digital home advantage account later? If so, would I have to pay the no phone fee on it?

Thanks!

I will try to tackle some of your questions.

1) will the receivers I receive be able to be hooked to the internet to avoid the 5 dollar no phone fee? The HD DVR (probably a 722 or a 622) will be able to, but the Standard DVR will probably be a 625 which can NOT be hooked up to ethernet (no port).

2) Will I be able to active my owned 508 on my wife's new digital home advantage account later? If so, would I have to pay the no phone fee on it? I believe that 508's can no longer be activated due to the TIVO Lawsuit (If I am wrong, someone let me know), but there will be no phone line fee because it is a single tuner model. The phone fee is only on Dual Tuners.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)