DVR Advantage

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I have a question regarding the DVR Advantage that Dish is offering. On the web site it says, If I sign up with the DVR Advantage with the top 250, which I have(plus I am paying $20 for HD) That I can pick any two premiums for $20 extra. In that list they include all the premium movie channels, playboy and HD programming. Is this correct? Since I am already paying $20 for HD, it would like getting one of the other premium channels for free. Thanks in advance for any help that you all can give me.

i got the dvr advantage and then the hd pack and 2 premiums, they were charging me for the premiums whether i wanted them or not so i picked 2 premium which for me was starz and hbo they seemed to have more channels then any of the others. for that i get charged $40 and 49.99 for the dvr advantage bit

The original question still hasn't been answered. I was looking into this also and find it a little confusing. If someone has a straight answer to the HD package as a DVR advantage add-on for $10 please let us know. I would love to pick a premium up for the same cost I am paying now for HD.

here's how it breaks down on my bill:

dish dvr advantage + top 250 - $49.99 (i save $3.98)
dish hd w/3 premium package - $50.00 ( i have hbo and showtime)

total bill $99.99 (minus $10 a month for 10 months for upgrading
to a 622 from a 411)

I have top250 DVR advantage with a 622 and a 508. They are charging me a lease fee on the 622 (I OWN the 508 and it is gradfathered out of extra fees). I would LOVE to get that waived.

I have top250 DVR advantage with a 622 and a 508. They are charging me a lease fee on the 622 (I OWN the 508 and it is gradfathered out of extra fees). I would LOVE to get that waived.

Make sure the 622 is your PRIMARY receiver.

Make sure the 622 is your PRIMARY receiver.

I saw it stated at Dish somewhere (please don't ask me to find it again) that if you have 2 receivers, and if one of them is an HD receiver, it is assumed to be the primary.

I'm not sure I want to press this. I think they'd just figure out a way to charge me for the 508 which currently pays no additional fees at all.

Is that correct? Would that mean you only need to pay $10 for HD if you get AT250 Dvr advantage?

I don't know about an AT250 DVR Advantage - Mine is DVR Advantage AT200 and then the DishHD with one premium is $30, of which the premium is the step up to AT250. Dish always has 1,000,000 ways to line item this stuff.

Some people could be getting special deals, but when I talked to the CSR last week, and from all of my research, the prices are as follows:

DVR Advantage with AT200: $49.99
Step up to AT250: + $10
Add any of the premium channels (HBO, etc.): +$10
HD Pack: +$20

The HD Pack, without any of the limited time credit rebates, is $20 to add on to any programming package (except the Family one which you cannot get HD with).

There are now 3 types of dvr advantage packs.

1.) 39.99 for the top 100- includes locals -
you save $3.98 .

2.) 49.99 for the top 200- includes locals-
you save $3.98.

3.)59.99 for the top 250- includes locals-
you save $3.98.

You can add hd to any of the above packs for $20.00. You can add any premiums for 10.00 each.

Now wouldn't that be a whole lot easier if DISH just defined it just like that? Instead of , you add this to that and you can then add hd pack, yada, yada ,yada. They are making it entirely to hard for the average customer to figure this out. At least Directv makes it very easy to define with dvr plus account with their version of top 250 or total choice plus.

Here is the promotion that is listed when I log in to my account at Dish's website. It specifically states that you can add any of the listings in the second gray box for $10 each. Dish HD programming is listed as one. What do you guys make of this. It would tell me that the AT200 DVRAdvantage would be 49.99 and then I could add two of the premium programming packages for $10 each. Since I am already paying $20 for the HD package, couldn't I just do the DVRAdvantage add the HD programming for $10 and another premium for $10 and be at the same price I am paying now?

Attachments

• dvr_adv.JPG
    dvr_adv.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 204
Here is the promotion that is listed when I log in to my account at Dish's website. It specifically states that you can add any of the listings in the second gray box for $10 each. Dish HD programming is listed as one. What do you guys make of this. It would tell me that the AT200 DVRAdvantage would be 49.99 and then I could add two of the premium programming packages for $10 each. Since I am already paying $20 for the HD package, couldn't I just do the DVRAdvantage add the HD programming for $10 and another premium for $10 and be at the same price I am paying now?

It definitely looks like the promotion sets it out like that. Is it actually possible to do that? If so, anyone on DVR advantage should be able to get HD plus premium for only $20.

I have the DVR Advantage with AT250. I haven't seen a bill yet, but here is how they broke it down for me:

DVR-Advan w/AT250 - $59.99
HD programming - $20
HBO - $10
Cinemax - $10

Ok we're at 99.99 and THEN they hit me with a lease fee for the 622 which takes me to like... $104.99

I have 2 receivers. A new 622 and an old 508PVR which I own. I keep hearing about how I shouldn't be seeing a lease fee using DVR Advantage and with the 622 as primary receiver, but I can't get anyone at Dish to commit to REMOVING the lease fee. My 508 is grandfathered out of DVR fees and I think it is also grandfathered out of any additional receiver fees as well because I've never paid anything like that. Before the 622 I had a 625 in its place. So I've had 2 receivers for a very long time.

My 508 is grandfathered out of DVR fees and I think it is also grandfathered out of any additional receiver fees as well...
Yes on 508 DVR fee, no on extra receiver fee. So, if you succeed in getting your lease fee removed, I'm sure Dish will discover your missing extra receiver fee and charge that instead. ;)

I have three receivers and Dish only charges me the extra receiver fee for the third one.

I had a ViP622 plus 2 301's. Before I replaced one of my 301's with a ViP211 evidently they had one of the 301's as primary, because when we swapped the 211 for the 301 they made the 211 Primary and I still only pay one lease fee. My monthly bill with 622, 211 and 301 is same as it was with 622 and two owned 301's. 622 and 211 are leased.

If I had known that my 622 was not primary I could have saved $6 for the last 14 months by making it so.

I did some figuring about adding DVR Advantage to my AT100. I see only $0.98 savings.

Current with locals - $29.99+5.00+5.98(DVR SVC Fee)+6.00(Lease Fee)+5.00(Add Rcvr)+20.00 (HD) = $71.97

DVRAdv-AT100 = $39.99+6.00(lease Fee)+5.00(Add Rcvr)+20.00(HD) = 70.99

Currently do not have locals so bill is really $66.97 (added locals for comparison).

Looks like AT100 DVR Advantage saves you $0.98 on your bill - NOT $3.98. Because AT100 price was not raised last Feb like all the other tiers.

Hafta think about this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)