DVR Advantage???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

csmk6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
I called CS yesterday and tried to go to the HD only package and was shot down! Why you ask. It is apparently due to the fact that I signed up for the DVR advantage plan and the HD only pack is not a qualified minimum package so I was denied! I guess since they were going to lose my $30/month they did not like that. Isn't it my right as a consumer to be able to choose what channels I want to watch? With the new addtion of HD yesterday I don't need all that other junk that I do not watch? Any advice?

Thanks!

play CSR roulette or ask for a manager when you get back on the line with them.

They gave me the same line, and after argueing with the CSR for 10 minutes or so, I got a manager and got it straightened out.

They call it the "HD standalone package", the Dish DVR advantage will no longer take effect meaning that you will have to pay the $6 a month for the leasing fee (if you have it), but your overall bill will still go down.

You would have to drop your DVR Advantage package. That may entail paying a $5 downgrade fee, or they could hold you to some sort of fine for breaking the DVR Advantage package contract.

I would call another CSR and see what it would take to drop off the DVR-Ad plan, and then go to HD-Only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)