DVR Advantage???

csmk6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
I called CS yesterday and tried to go to the HD only package and was shot down! Why you ask. It is apparently due to the fact that I signed up for the DVR advantage plan and the HD only pack is not a qualified minimum package so I was denied! I guess since they were going to lose my $30/month they did not like that. Isn't it my right as a consumer to be able to choose what channels I want to watch? With the new addtion of HD yesterday I don't need all that other junk that I do not watch? Any advice?

Thanks!

play CSR roulette or ask for a manager when you get back on the line with them.

They gave me the same line, and after argueing with the CSR for 10 minutes or so, I got a manager and got it straightened out.

They call it the "HD standalone package", the Dish DVR advantage will no longer take effect meaning that you will have to pay the $6 a month for the leasing fee (if you have it), but your overall bill will still go down.

You would have to drop your DVR Advantage package. That may entail paying a $5 downgrade fee, or they could hold you to some sort of fine for breaking the DVR Advantage package contract.

I would call another CSR and see what it would take to drop off the DVR-Ad plan, and then go to HD-Only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts