DVR Advantage

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PJW99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I just looked at my bill today for the first time in about 4 months(since I went to credit card autopay and since I upgraded to DVR and HD service). I assumed when I had my DIU upgrade that I was automatically going to be put in DVR Advantage, but that wasnt the case!! There were spereate line items on the bill for the DVR service fee(what I was supposed to be saving!!!) and America's Top 250 with locals. I just got this straightened out this morning and Im finally on DVR advantage with America's Top 250(what I thought I was going to be on in the first place :mad:

So the lesson for everyone here, is dont assume that you're automatically going to be placed in DVR Advantage. Dish is out for every dollar they can get, and you need to let them know yourself that you want DVR Advantage, otherwise they are going to bill you an extra $6/month like they did for me.

Sorry, but you assumed incorrectly regarding it being automatic with DIU. It's a programming package you must order.

I was on DVR Advantage and did the HD upgrade. They took me off DVR Advantage even though the only thing I requested was the addition of the HD pack. Took a while to get it straightened out with billing, etc.

I too had problems when I upgraded to HD. For some reason they cancelled auto pay + they charged me for the equipment upgrade.....even though I repeatedly told there would be no upgrade cost for the equipment. Finally got it resolved..........after 45 minutes on the phone & a couple of different csr's.

Sorry, but you assumed incorrectly regarding it being automatic with DIU. It's a programming package you must order.

That doesnt make any sense, why would someone get a DVR and not intend to get DVR Advantage??? A buddy of mine works for a Dish Retailer and he says when a new sub orders Dish and gets DVR it is automatically bundled together as DVR Advantage. IMO, the only situation where someone should get billed $5.98 for a DVR fee, is if they have more then 1 DVR.

Just my $ 0.02

That doesnt make any sense, why would someone get a DVR and not intend to get DVR Advantage??? A buddy of mine works for a Dish Retailer and he says when a new sub orders Dish and gets DVR it is automatically bundled together as DVR Advantage. IMO, the only situation where someone should get billed $5.98 for a DVR fee, is if they have more then 1 DVR.

Just my $ 0.02

DVR Advantage requires autopay... Not everyone signs up for that from the get-go. And from my experience, you still have to ASK for it.

Dish doesn't offer my locals, and IIRC there's no way to unbundle the charge for them in DVR Advantage. What's the "advantage" to me in the package if I can't get locals?

DVR Advantage requires autopay... Not everyone signs up for that from the get-go. And from my experience, you still have to ASK for it.

No you are wrong. You can get DVR Advantage without having to do autopay. Besides, it doesnt even say anything on Dish Network's website about DVR Advantage requiring autopay.

No you are wrong. You can get DVR Advantage without having to do autopay. Besides, it doesnt even say anything on Dish Network's website about DVR Advantage requiring autopay.

That's correct PJW99! You do NOT have to be on autopay to get DVR Advantage. Just got my sister on it recently, she does not autopay. I did go to autopay to get the .01 Cinemax deal but had DVR Advantage long before I did.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)