DVR Charges

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Which DVR'S do they charge the DVR fee for I could not see where the 501 was included in this fee.You can only record at most 22 hours.

There is no DVR fee on the 501 or 508
There is a DVR fee on the 510, 522, 625, 921, 942 and 622.
I'm not sure about the others (721 and legacy DVR)

yellowcanary73 said:
Which DVR'S do they charge the DVR fee for I could not see where the 501 was included in this fee.You can only record at most 22 hours.

I definitely get charged the fee and I *think* I have a 501, pretty sure actually. It is a dvr but I think it holds a lot more than 22 hours. Could I have a later version that requires a fee? I asked them to remove it once and they said they couldn't.

gbjbany said:
there's a 510 and 508 that have more capacity, go to system info it should tell you which model it really is.

Maybe it is a 510, I'll check it tonight. I guess that would explain why they charge me the fee. But it sure looks like the 501 I've seen pics of, maybe they look the same.

jbcheshire said:
Yep, they are pretty much the same except for the hard drive capacity and the extra fee for the 510...

Does the receiver not operate at all if I tell them to turn off the dvr fee, or just the dvr functions? I don't really need the dvr functions anymore cause I'm using my own pvr card for this. It'd be nice not to pay that extra $5/month for that cheesy service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts