DVR Charges

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Which DVR'S do they charge the DVR fee for I could not see where the 501 was included in this fee.You can only record at most 22 hours.

There is no DVR fee on the 501 or 508
There is a DVR fee on the 510, 522, 625, 921, 942 and 622.
I'm not sure about the others (721 and legacy DVR)

yellowcanary73 said:
Which DVR'S do they charge the DVR fee for I could not see where the 501 was included in this fee.You can only record at most 22 hours.

I definitely get charged the fee and I *think* I have a 501, pretty sure actually. It is a dvr but I think it holds a lot more than 22 hours. Could I have a later version that requires a fee? I asked them to remove it once and they said they couldn't.

gbjbany said:
there's a 510 and 508 that have more capacity, go to system info it should tell you which model it really is.

Maybe it is a 510, I'll check it tonight. I guess that would explain why they charge me the fee. But it sure looks like the 501 I've seen pics of, maybe they look the same.

jbcheshire said:
Yep, they are pretty much the same except for the hard drive capacity and the extra fee for the 510...

Does the receiver not operate at all if I tell them to turn off the dvr fee, or just the dvr functions? I don't really need the dvr functions anymore cause I'm using my own pvr card for this. It'd be nice not to pay that extra $5/month for that cheesy service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)