DVR doesn't start where I left off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Some time ago noticed my dvr had stopped "remembering" where I left off when watching a recorded series. I had hoped it was a fluke because it seemed not to happen all the time though I really didn't keep track. I had hoped it might work again after a firmware update, but now I'm becoming more and more annoyed. I tried searching this forum but found nothing. Was probably using the wrong terms.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Been a customer for a long time and I don't remember this being an issue before.

Some time ago noticed my dvr had stopped "remembering" where I left off when watching a recorded series. I had hoped it was a fluke because it seemed not to happen all the time though I really didn't keep track. I had hoped it might work again after a firmware update, but now I'm becoming more and more annoyed. I tried searching this forum but found nothing. Was probably using the wrong terms.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Been a customer for a long time and I don't remember this being an issue before.

So its doing nothing when you push the RESUME button ?

My genie never resumes playback when I auto start the next episode, I have to hit cancel quickly then go and select the next episode manually for it to resume on spot. It's been that way for a long time.

I used to be able to watch a series recording and stop it or even just turn everything off and go back, push play on the folder and the playback would start where I left off. It's been a long time since I could do that. I have two receivers and it's the same thing on each receiver. Doesn't matter if I'm watching something recorded locally or on the other receiver. Now, if I'm watching a recording and accidentally change the channel, I can get back where I was when I hit PREV. Otherwise, I start at the beginning of the series again. I've tried pausing before I leave the series or shutting down. I've tried stopping before leaving the series. I've tried pause, then stop. Nothing works.

I'm sorry, I don't know what auto continue is. I used to hit play on the folder and it would play the shows in order recorded until I stopped it.

never tried that method, but it sounds like its auto continuwing. so yeah, thats been broke forever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)