DVR fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpayne

Original poster
Nov 17, 2004
I've about given up on VOOM ever getting a DVR and with the price drop on the 921, I'm really tempted, but I REALLY hate the idea of paying an extra fee for DVR usage when you've paid for the DVR itself..

So far I've read that:
1. you don't pay the fee if you have AEP
2. you don't pay the fee if the 921 is your only rcvr.
and 3. (from a CSR on the phone) that you have to pay the fee no matter what?

Anyone know what's right?
Ken

If the 921 was your only receiver, then no, you wouldn't have to pay an "extra receiver fee. I don't pay a VOD fee because I have AEP, so I suspect if you had it you wouldn't either.

Tha is correct, the only way to have the vod fee waived is to have the everything package. The additional rcvr outlet fee maybe what that agent was referring to but yeah I personally know that there are alot of good agents that know quite a bit about any questions had thank you. :p

One thing Im confused about is the PVR fee. Up untill recently I had a 501 which was my only active reciever and AT 120 or AT60 and I never got a PVR fee. Why do I keep hearing about this? Thanks

Well, Dish finally responded to my e-mail, according to this one,
it's worse than I thought, the fee is PER TUNER without AEP.
So I'd pay 600 for the 921, then 10bucks extra per month
for the privilege..or take AEP.

This Sucks...

(if the HD package was part of AEP, I might not mind so much, but this is
ridiculous)

Cyclone said:
hehe, its not per tuner (as in a duel tuner pays twice the fee as a single tuner). Its per DVR/STB.
exactly.

I have 3 dvr fees on my bill (they are waived because of the AEP but still show) and i have a 522 and 2 510s so that would be 3 stbs or 4 tuners

Yeah, bills would be astronomical for DHA accounts if the vod fee was per tuner. Nah the 522 only has 1 vod serv fee associated with it.

Sigh...here's what dish sent me (excuse any weird characters, this is how it came in to hotmail):

Thank you for your email. DISH Network’s DISH Video-On-Demand service allows viewers to skip commercials and other pre-recorded programming without videotape, as well as, pausing live TV, perform slow-motion instant replays, fast forward and fast reverse. The DISH Video-On-Demand’s tape less recording capabilities give viewers complete control of their television to watch what they want at their convenience, including network programs, pay-per-view movies, sports, news or special events. At this time, there are no plans for offering a lifetime or annual DISH Video-On-Demand fee. Customers with an active DISH Player-DVR 510, DISH Player-DVR 522 and DISHDVR 921 model tuners will be charged DVR fees based on programming level (see below).

 America’s Everything Pak - No Charge

 America’s Top 60, 120,180 DISH - $4.98 per tuner, per month

 Latino DOS MAX or Dish Latino - $4.98 per tuner, per month

Dish will also waive the DVR fee if you subscribe to AT-180 and all the movie packages. I know, you are saying what is the difference... The difference is you can annual prepay for AT180 and the MegaMovie Pack. It works out to about the same money most of the time except when Dish raises prices (prepay saves like $1-$2 a month over the AEP, but last year it saved $5/month because of the price increase on AEP).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts