DVR fee

I wonder if we would be having this discussion if the economy wasn't in the toilet? $6.00 isn't a lot but when you look at the varoius ways we r nickle and dimed by phone, utility companies, fuel taxes etc it adds up.
Yes it is part of life but I think more of us r taking a hard look at these things, it is frustrating. Dish, "The phone company", and the utility companies are all making high profits (nothing wrong with that), when many r downgrading or getting rid of services in the interst of economics.
So the $6.00/$10.00 account level fee is for the privledge of dvr functionality that already exists in the reciver and the extended guide? Which means the fee is really for the guide, which we get anyway just a mater of the number of days that is available on screen correct?
Anyway I'm not complaining just throwing some food for thought out.
This does make me think about Apples business model with the iPad and iPods. They don't raise the price to the consumer with each new model they add functionality and keep the price the same. Much like that commercial for hr/payroll services I hear on sat radio "doesn't the price of technology go down over time"
One last word on "grandfathering". I have been paying the same basic fee for cell phone service for (it is a family plan) for 10 years. The plan doesn't exist in Verizons line up any more and is cheaper than the current entry family plan and we usuallu upgrade phones every two years as well. We did add data (unlimited) when we gotsmart phones but that's it. Point is Dish could "grandfather" all those customers that were promised no dvr fee. Its just not their business model to do so...
Back to my original point if the economy wasn't in the toilet would we even be discusing the dvr fee?

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys