Dvr Fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcupec

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
If you have dvr receiver do you have to have dvr service , if not would you have to pay dvr fees

The idea would be if you don't want a dvr, you don't get one. Activating one brings the dvr fee with it. I have not heard of anyway of not activating/deactiving the dvr features. There are ways to avoid the fee: 1) choose one of the dvr's which do not have the dvr fee attached to it: 501, 508 and 721 receivers do not incur a dvr fee, or 2) choose a programing package which the dvr fee is included ie: DVR Advantage (only one dvr fee is waived) or the All Everything Package (all dvr fees are waived).

What would be the point of having a DVR if you weren't going to use the DVR service? Doesn't make any sense.

cause i have two dvrs did not it was a charge for each also csr never told me about charge for each dvr by the way i already have dvr advantage for the one and csr wont let me return receiver without losing my up front money

Well the "up front money" is already paid so that is a sunk cost so you can't think about that anymore. If you don't want to pay the fees going forward then change the DVR receiver for a non-DVR. Sounds pretty simple to me.

Why are there fees associated with DVR's and Do these fees apply if one owns his own DVR receiver.

Why are there fees associated with DVR's and Do these fees apply if one owns his own DVR receiver.

DVR is a service, there is a fee for the service. Yes, the dvr fee is there whether you own or lease unless you are using a 501, 508 or 721, these receivers are not charged the dvr fee even though they are dvr units. DVR Advantage would waive one dvr fee while All Everything Pack waives all the dvr fees.

And what service would that be, If I have a dish network sub and my own DVR receiver, and I want to record programs on my receiver, what other service would dish network be providing that I would need to pay a fee for. I guess I don't see the big picture. Thanks

And what service would that be, If I have a dish network sub and my own DVR receiver, and I want to record programs on my receiver, what other service would dish network be providing that I would need to pay a fee for. I guess I don't see the big picture. Thanks
Tivo, other cable units and Direct all charge for their dvrs. The rates and how they are charged may be different, but they do charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)