DVR fees..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually Jeff, in her situation, 49.99 does not cover her equipment. It covers your equipment. I did read all posts. And the question was not how dda affects your account, it was how would it affect her account. And you specifically said her rate would be 49.99, which is wrong. She has 2 625's. So your attempt to recover was wasted. Me FTW.

Your still not getting it are you? If you read all the posts you will see I suggested she change her equipment down to 1 DVR then she would get the 49.99 rate by subscibing to DVR Advantage. If she keeps the other DVR then she would have DVR fees for only 1 DVR instead of 2 like she does now. You can argue with me all you want but the proof is on my bill.

Jeff

Jeff,

Give it up. You're fighting with someone that gets paid to spend 8 1/2 hours a day on the phone, telling customers they're wrong in different ways until they give up.

Mol,

Your customer service blows, right or wrong. Try and remember this is a customer forum. You're making more work for people that actually give a damn and upsetting customers in the process.

Zero:

This forum is frequented by retailers, techs, csrs, tsrs, and customers. Regardless of its intention, it is not a customer forum.

I get paid to spend 8 hours a day on the phone primarily helping people resolve technical problems. I also resolve billing issues, add and remove programming, upgrade equipment, and move accounts to new addresses. That is a sample of what I do. I very rarely tell a customer they are wrong. I am one of the few agents that actually do a fair amount of crediting for time without service, crediting off service calls when warranted, and reinstalling dishes for free when necessary. I do everything I can to help the customer.

My customer service does not blow. Dish Network's customer service, or customer service in general, is another thing. My customer service has been awarded multiple times by customers who have complimented me to my supervisor, by awards given for quality and efficiency, and by the 100's of customers that have told me I am the best agent they have spoken with, the nicest agent they have spoken with, and the most caring agent they have spoken with. I can't count the times customers have asked me if I have a direct line so they can talk to me in the future. Given, I am in a pool of generally less caring and "nice" agents. But that does not take away from the fact that I do a great job. And before you call me cocky or arrogant, I base my opinion on feedback from QA, supervisors, and most importantly customers.

So really zero, what was the point of your post? Just to attack me? Go you. I do admit, I spend a lot of my time here correcting people's misinformation. But if I don't, someone else will. Hopefully they don't get attacked too.
I will assume you ar ein a domestic call center since you are not commuinticating in Hindi...DO you deal with techs as well as customers?..If so, I hope you are one of the good ones..Quite frankly, I find that a good percentage of CSR's I deal with are undertrained. Some have poor phone manners. Some are not willing to deviate from "the script"...In other words they are unable or unwilling to think for themselves.
Now, to be fair, there are many CSR'a that are just Aces..They do a great job. They are well mannered and work with the techs rather than quarrel with them. I think you are one of the good ones.. If fully realize that call center work isn't for everyone. Unfortunately some people who are call center CSR's are unskilled low wage workers who are there to pick up a paycheck..Anyway. good luck..Maybe I will talk to you one day..Who knows. I may have already

I will assume you ar ein a domestic call center since you are not commuinticating in Hindi...DO you deal with techs as well as customers?..If so, I hope you are one of the good ones..Quite frankly, I find that a good percentage of CSR's I deal with are undertrained. Some have poor phone manners. Some are not willing to deviate from "the script"...In other words they are unable or unwilling to think for themselves.
Now, to be fair, there are many CSR'a that are just Aces..They do a great job. They are well mannered and work with the techs rather than quarrel with them. I think you are one of the good ones.. If fully realize that call center work isn't for everyone. Unfortunately some people who are call center CSR's are unskilled low wage workers who are there to pick up a paycheck..Anyway. good luck..Maybe I will talk to you one day..Who knows. I may have already

I am domestic true. I have dealt with techs but I am not on a work order mod team. I was for a few weeks though. When you call in usually that is where you get connected to. But you are 100% right, there are poorly trained csr's. I have seen and heard the poor tone and poor phone manners. And boy is it annoying when an agent doesn't deviate from script. It is like you are talking to a robot!

"Unfortunately some people who are call center CSR's are unskilled low wage workers who are there to pick up a paycheck."

Talk about hitting the nail on the head. There is a tremendous turnover too because of this.

EDIT:

Also, to illustrate this point, I find myself often correcting blunders by other csr/tsr's. It's great that we have the opportunity to fix it, but it shouldn't happen in the first place.

Another thing I should have mentioned, a lot of the misinformation posted here is secondhand from CSR/TSR's themselves. It's frustrating to say the least!

Zero:
So really zero, what was the point of your post? Just to attack me? Go you. I do admit, I spend a lot of my time here correcting people's misinformation. But if I don't, someone else will. Hopefully they don't get attacked too.

I don't specialize in personal attacks, I specialize in fixing call center screwups. Irregardless the point is that you don't correct misinformation, you condescend posters. That's neither your job, nor is it acceptable online or off. One customer out of the hundreds that call any given CSR a day giving you a compliment doesn't impress. One customer out of every ten you talk to complimenting you over ten years might. Spend less time stroking your ego, and more time giving factual information in a polite or if nothing else professional manner and there's no issue there. Your Q/A scores? Guess what, they only measure what you say and how often you say it, not whether you resolve the issue or do so efficiently.

As far as CSR/TSR training goes, the best agents I've seen are still woefully undertrained with little to absolutely NO information as to company functions outside of their own department. Personally, call center agents shouldn't be interacting with retailers. They aren't trained for it, and they (You) aren't kept up to date with the appropriate information retailers need. Not a criticism, that's just fact. The same could be said for CSRs and customers, but that's not really your fault.

One point I do need to make though. CSRs cause the MOST problems when they think for themselves. They may solve the problem at that minute, but how many corners were cut and how much damage was done in the process? The biggest issue with DISH's customer service is agents that can't follow instructions consistently and correctly. They come up with their own shortcuts, and ways of doing business contrary to DISH policy (ever wonder how many different ways you can screw up a work order... I have a number for you.) In the end, the call center takes care of the customer nine times out of ten, it just takes half a dozen calls and someone from another department to get it done.

As far as the poor CSRs, their job or not the reality of their job is they will never leave the call center. They won't advance any further than that with the exception of a handful of names out of the thousands that work there. Half of it is the agent's problem, the other half is misinformation they're given or a bad habit they pickup from someone that's been around a month longer than themselves.

Do your job, do it correctly, and do it in a professional manner. All I've seen so far demonstrated by your posts on these forums is a sarcastic and condescending manner of dealing with customers, retailers and the general populous. Hopefully, you do better at work.

*cough* Don't know about you. But I air out my dirty laundry.

From the Private Messages of Zero327, sent by moltomateo:

04-27-2007
reply to your last post
06:25 PM moltomateo

First of all @#$% you. I am going to reply this time straight to you, since the public forum is not a place for attacks. You obviously feel differently.

I am not stroking my ego, you attacked me dumbass. I saw your reply coming a mile away. I knew you would attack me for posting a defense after YOU attacked me!! You don't know sh*t about me!! I obviously do better at work dolt, did you see what I posted. I am me on this forum, I don't represent dish network. I am sarcastic, so be it.

Nice jab at me getting 1 compliment out of 100's. I get positive feed back on probably 9/10 calls actually. Not every customer goes out of their way to talk to a supervisor to provide a compliment, but sometimes they do. That doesn't diminish my ability. The only reason I brought up my ability was because you attacked, what was I supposed to do, walk away? Lose lose with you zero.

"Your Q/A scores? Guess what, they only measure what you say and how often you say it, not whether you resolve the issue or do so efficiently."

Wow you don't know sh*t about QA. Take a look at the form they measure TSR's on. Then comment on it. There are like 30 areas of measurement on the form. Resolution and efficiency are HUGE. Resolution and efficiency make or break a call score. Dont make these comments when you dont know sh*t. I dont talk about retailers or techs, I have no idea what they are measured on.

We are measured by handle time, calls per productive hour, QA scores which are all encompassing, repeat calls and so on. It is actually very hard to earn an all superior call. But you obviously have it ingrained that CSRs/TSRs are inferior to you. It's so obvious its a joke. And yet you bash me for condescension. Double standard?
Your whole post was about how stupid CSR's and TSR's are, how they screw things up. And yet you are SO much better. Have any idea how many techs have f**ked up jobs genius? I have had to spend hours correcting f**k ups by installers and techs in the past. Not grounding, not burying the line, installing to a phone poll, leaving it on two cinder blocks and so on. You aren't perfect. Just because you are a good tech does not mean all techs are good. Just because I am a good tsr does not mean all tsr's are good.

You are no better than me, I am no better than you. Don't talk to me if you don't know what you are talking about. In all fairness, I will try to be less sarcastic. Why don't you try to be less of an a$$hole. Thanks.

I really don't think anything else need be said. Thanks to the moderators for their patience during this little spat.

moltomateo, for what it is worth, your advice would seem to be the most direct answer to the question as it does not assume anything other than the information given. jeffincolo, your answer is not wrong, just goes beyond what the poster is asking, at least to me. Hate to say it, but to alot of people giving options rather than just dealing with the actual situation just confuses them.

It's too bad the pricing structure has so many twists and turns, as this discussion is exactly what happens.

Love what you can make the avitar say on moltomateo's posts. :D

I really don't think anything else need be said.

This was posted 10 minutes prior to a long private message sent to me from Zero... Although nothing needed to be said. :rolleyes:

I figured zero would post my private message. But I will not post his private message, because it is what it is.... private. If he chooses to, he will post my 2nd reply. But so be it.

On to other things, like the ignore feature.

Gentlemen, if you continue to flame each other, either in Private Messages or the Public Forums, you will have a to take a little time out. Either violates the rules of SatelliteGuys. Disagree all you want about substance, but when you start calling people dumbass, and such, you are engaging in personal attacks.

Lets cool it down, and stop making it personal.

What is really bad is that these fees cause so much confusion. It makes it very difficult for the average consumer to fully understand what they will be charged before entering into a purchase agreement with Dish.
It really needs to be simplified (or better yet, eliminated) in my humble opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)