GEOSATpro DVR HD Recording Quality

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Last night I recorded BBC News from LPBHD at 87W at 6:00 pm ET. I guess this may be the first time I have recorded an HD broadcast. The quality of the recording was not good. Text on the bottom of the screen was fuzzy such that I rubbed my eyes thinking they were out of focus. I did not see the live broadcast, but normally LPBHD is extremely clear to my eyes. Am I doing something wrong?

I am accustomed to commercial pay TV DVRs which when I record an HD program I can't tell the difference between the live broadcast and a recording.

Some of the stuff they run on LPBHD is not clear. The business show prior to Newshour is fuzzy for example. Even over at 125W some of the HD news programs are fuzz. Really makes me scratch my head. Why bother with HD if it is not HD ? I don't think the recording you made is the problem.

The microHD simply records the satellite stream as a TS file. There is no compression. The playback quality is exactly the same as the satellite transmission.

BTW... LPBHD does not always run HD content. It is transmitted in HD resolution, but apparently originates in a lower resolution.

False alarm! I replayed the recording today and it looks as clear as I would expect HD to appear. Crisp text crawler along bottom too. I can only conclude the eye infection I'm recovering from distorted my vision last night. microHD and LPBHD are innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)