DVR HD VIP722k Dual-Mode; cancel recording on TV2?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

amhenn

Original poster
Oct 19, 2009
NV
DVR HD VIP722k Dual-Mode; cancel recording on TV2 from TV1 remote?

I just recently received my 722k and I have come across a task that seems easy enough to do, but I can't figure it out. When I am on Dual-Mode and want to record a program on TUNER 2 and watch a show on TUNER 1, how do I cancel the recording on TUNER2 after it already started? The swap feature obviously doesn't work, so some how I have to cancel recording on TUNER2 from the TV1 remote so I can record a different program on TUNER2 and continue watching live TV on TUNER1.

You can delete the timer event and it will stop the recording (Hit DVR button 3 times and find the event and delete it in the timers section).

Also you could check the installation (Menu 6-1-1) or diagnostics (Menu 6-1-3), but that's a bit overkill for what you are wanting.

You were close with your thinking, but you'd have to change the mode to single mode with the button on the front of the receiver first to do a swap (and then change it back to return to dual-mode).

If I go to the event and try to delete it, it says that it is currently recording, please try again later. It would be great if it said "Do you want to stop recording?"

If I go to the event and try to delete it, it says that it is currently recording, please try again later. It would be great if it said "Do you want to stop recording?"
You are not going to the timer event, you are going to the recording. Try it again by doing what I said - you have to go to the 'Timers' button after you hit DVR 3 times, then find the timer in the list and select it and then go to delete. It asks for confirmation after that.

:welcome

Glad 'we' could help.

Most questions you could think if have already been asked - so do a search and you'll find a ton of info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts