Dvr hook up. How do I do this?

Kmoore0882

Original poster
Feb 10, 2011
Arkansas
I am hoking up a dvr 625 to my satellite to replace a 322 dual receiver. I am getting an error message saying it isn't hooked up right. What do I need to do to get it to work

This may require a phone conversation, but honestly the biggest issue we see when swapping receivers is "crossing" the lines out of the separator on the back of the receiver. The separator itself has a picture of a dish with a 1 and another with a 2, and there are corresponding numbers on the receiver. You want to make sure they match between the two or you may never get the receiver to behave properly. See if this helps and I can help you through the rest if you would like. If you decide the thread is not such a fast way to do this, PM me a number and I will call you. Call usually takes 20 minutes start to finish with 100% functionality.

You should be able to swap a 625 for a 322. Did you run a Check Switch once the 625 was connected?

The issue was that the OP was getting a "One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly." I gave information regarding the separator and matching the numbers on it to the numbers on the receiver. That message usually shows up during/after the check switch and can be caused by mismatched cables. I also forwarded the information to a member of my team that was working the following day (my day off) and I provided the outbound call information to them. I have not received word on whether or not this was successful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)