DVR network support possibility.......

Randy_B said:
I just took a survey from SBC on an SBC/Dish DVR wireless network home entertainment package they must be considering. It wouldn't connect between DVRs but you could possibly bridge from one DVR to another via the wireless connection to the PC. All in all, it was a very interesting package they were proposing in the survey. Also included a possible DVR with DVD burner.

Do a search on Dish Team Summit 2004. There is a thread around here somewhere in which Scott details some Dish technology in development. One of the items being developed is a "wireless" home network linking boxes together via RF transmitted on AC power lines. This may be what they were hinting at.

The home network they talked about was for remote audio and interbox communication to avoid multiple phone line connections. I don't think video was ever mentioned.

Remember the STB+DVD player? 921 Firewire? The 921 expansion bay? Low cost Firewire STB? Echostar loves to "announce" new products.

At this point I think the Echostar executives are afraid to use the restroom without explicit permission from the content providers.

(and boy, I'd like more hard drive space on the 921 - this may be the driving force that sends me to DirecTivo)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts