DVR not properly recording shows that had buffer already built up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeFr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Queens, NYC
I'll describe this by how it happened tonight although it's been going on and off for a couple weeks now, on a HR24, with both of the most recent software versions..

Normally I record the 11 o'clock news on ABC 7, tonight my receiver was already on 7 by the time the recording started. I was watching a DVR'd event up until about 11:25, went to live tv and the buffer was @ the live time, the sports report on the news being recorded. I decided to stop the recording @ the commercial break, about 11:29, and then went to the list to watch the news from the beginning.

When the recording started it said it was 29 minutes (partial) but it only started @ the point that i went to live tv, about 11:25. It played up until the point where I stopped it. The whole recording only consisted of about 4 minutes.

I go back to live tv, that same channel is still on the screen, I scroll back to the beginning of the 90 minute buffer, which the title and info on the screen says is supposed to be 20/20. At that time, the buffer should have contained a full hour or 20/20 and the news. But it is only about the last 15 minutes of 20/20 and the first 25 minutes of the 11 o'clock news. All still with 20/20 in the title field.

So in this case I was able to view the full news but on previous times that this would happen I'd only start watching the recorded content later on and see that it was incomplete.

Anyone else notice this happening?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts