DVR on sale for $99 at Best Buy

I am very pleased with mine, even at $199. It is simple to use without a lot of bells and whistles. I time-shift and have not had a problem. There is no indication of the size of the hard drive but two hours of HD from satellite only uses 1 % of the available space. I have not connected an antenna but OTA may use more data.

I have not connected an antenna but OTA may use more data.
Unless the receiver transcodes to HEVC, OTA will use considerably more storage -- especially the HD channels.

Orby uses h.265 that offers perhaps four times better compression than MPEG2 (used for almost all OTA broadcasts) and much of their content isn't full HD so they pick up significant savings there in terms of GB/hour.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Missed the sale, the DVR STB is back up to regular cost :-(
I was on the fence, but got an email (Google knows) it was only $99 so got one.
Self installed and activated today.
So far I like it, lighter on features than DTV, but for $80 less a month I can adjust.

Reactions: KE4EST
Are you ready to start saving on your monthly TV bill with Orby TV, but waiting for just the right time to switch?

The time is NOW!

Orby TV receivers are 50% off TODAY ONLY. That’s a savings of $50/each off the regular $100 price!

We’ll even throw in FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING.

Call us at 1-888-997-0168 NOW.
Offer expires at 7 pm Pacific Time, today, August 21, 2019.

You must call for the discount - not valid online or in store!

Orby TV is affordable satellite TV with no contract or credit check. Our most popular package is just $40/month. Since the average cable bill is $107/month*, you could save up to $67/month, or more! That’s over $800 a year!

This special offer is valid only for new customers who purchase professional installation. Limit two receivers per customer, offer not valid for the Orby TV DVR.

Call us at 1-888-997-0168 NOW.
Offer expires at 7 pm Pacific Time, today, August 21, 2019.

You must call for the discount - not valid online or in store!

Reactions: MikeI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts