DVR Pauses and glitches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lousiefer

Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I have an HR21-700 (just installed).

I have noticed a couple problems and wondered if this is normal or if I should look into getting a new unit.

1) If I pause live TV for a short amount of time and then I unpause it, the DVR runs for about 10 secs and then pauses the feed again. So far, my only "fix" for this was to change to a different channel and come back. But then, I'll have missed everything that happened when I was paused.

2) If I pause live TV or if I watch a recorded show that is also in the process of recording and I skip ahead to blow through commercials, if I skip too far (catch up to the current recording) then the audio starts skipping and the program stutters on frames. Shouldn't it just notice that I skipped too far and just play when I catch up to the recording? This will persist until I change channels and return to the live channel or restart playing the recording.

Thanks for the help,

Lou

Last edited:
I have an HR21-700 (just installed).

I have noticed a couple problems and wondered if this is normal or if I should look into getting a new unit.

1) If I pause live TV for a short amount of time and then I unpause it, the DVR runs for about 10 secs and then pauses the feed again. So far, my only "fix" for this was to change to a different channel and come back. But then, I'll have missed everything that happened when I was paused.

2) If I pause live TV or if I watch a recorded show that is also in the process of recording and I skip ahead to blow through commercials, if I skip too far (catch up to the current recording) then the audio starts skipping and the program stutters on frames. Shouldn't it just notice that I skipped too far and just play when I catch up to the recording? This will persist until I change channels and return to the live channel or restart playing the recording.

Thanks for the help,

Lou

Have you tried to do a reset yet ?
That may take care of the problem.
To answer your second question, it is NOT a Commercial skip, it does not know when a commercial is on,it is a :30 sec skip/slip.
One of the entities FCC or NAB or someone has determined that we are not allowed to have a commercial skip ... probably the people that pay for the advertising rights.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts