DVR - programming gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cesater

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Sometime late Saturday Night (Ja. 31st) or early Sunday (Feb. 1st) the contents of my DVR all disappeared. I have a ViP722. Sunday when I went back to "my programming" looking for a hundred hours of saved programming, the screen appeared to have Chinese looking symbols on it. The next time was this 55555555555555. My wife was the last one up but claims not to have done anything.........What's up with the disappearing programming on my DVR??

Chuck in Indiana

Sounds like a failed hard drive. Have you tried a hard re-boot? (unplugging it)

Sounds like a failed hard drive. Have you tried a hard re-boot? (unplugging it)

Haven't done that but recorded the Superball later Sunday and it's still there. Would rebooting bring programming back?

Chuck

If it's a file corruption problem in the ext3 file system, then a reboot may force a fsck and fix the file system. If not... you might be screwed. :)

DVR Programming gone

If it's a file corruption problem in the ext3 file system, then a reboot may force a fsck and fix the file system. If not... you might be screwed. :)

Thanks - will try that tonight when I get home - will report back

chuck

It seems likely the additional recording would have overwritten any late change. So try the hard reboot first. (Advice too late, I know.) I'm not sure any reboot does anything to an external as it does very little LED flashing--a sign of some work. The internal may be different. Sorry for your loss.
-Ken

DVR Programming gone

Turns out this is a software problem and Dish is aware - see below from tech:

Dear Valued Dish Network Customer,
Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our engineering department is aware of this issue. It has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working on a resolution. To further assist in a speedy resolution, please reply with the information requested below. This information will go directly to our engineering department. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your assistance.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link: DISH Network - Tech Portal
A Technical Service Representative is available via live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days per week regarding your concerns. Please click the following link to use this option. Chat Assistance
Thank you,
DISH Network Technical E-care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)