DVR question

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
Quick question on my DVR options. I currently have a 622 and want to get more recievers for other rooms. Ideally I would like to be able to watch the programs I recorded on my 622 on more than 2 TVs. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Ideally I would like to be able to watch the programs I recorded on my 622 on more than 2 TVs.
You can send the output of the ViP622 to any TV in the house using a distribution system. No receivers required. The only downside is that it will be converted to standard definition.

As for receivers (DVRs) sharing content, that's not available at this time.

Thanks, harshness. That's helpful. What do you mean by a "distribution system"
? Is there a link you can send me or something? I'm really quite new at this stuff.:)

ont he back of the 622 the out put for tv2 (u can prob do it to TV 1 output as well) is labelled distribution system (or something to that effect) you can use splitter to sent the signal from there to all the TVs you want and watch your recorded/live stuff. If you have a UHF PRO Remote for TV1 you can actually change TV1 channels as well. you will have 2 separate TV channels where you can select what TV tuber you want to change the CHannel for e.g if you wanna watch something live and something is recrding on TV2 you can go to the TV 1 corresponding channel and be able to watch TV 1 output and change channels from the TV 2 location. sowy if its confusing.

Do I need additional equipment or is the "dsitribution system" just part of the 622 already?

What tehre isa is female coax port labeled "home distribution" You plug cable in there and it can feed one or more TVs. You can transmit out on an unused cable or UHF frequency of your choice. If you search online you can find a picture of the back of the receiver.

The distribution system referred to can be a lot of things. It might be a long vcable from that receiver to another TV or it might be a splitter or "Super Home Node" that distributes the signal.

Do I need additional equipment or is the "dsitribution system" just part of the 622 already?
If you split the signal more than three ways, you'll probably need some sort of RF distribution amplifier. You just need to be careful about how you pick your output channels so that they don't collide with a local channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts