DVR Questions

Mr Zero

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 7, 2005
I have a DP508 (I've had it for about 2.5 years) but wish I could find a DVR that would let me record two things at once. Does DISH have these? And if they do, are they expensive?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
The 522/625 Dual tuners in Dual (2 TVs) and or/Single (1 TV)Mode. $100.00 upgrade if eleigible.

Texanmutt

SatelliteGuys Guru
Oct 3, 2005
Somewere in texas
As KAB said you can do it with a 522/625 in single mode. In single mode you can use the PIP feature for one tv and even swap back and forth between the two. Keep in mind that dish network will still consider the setup as 2 tv's.

hometheaterman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 9, 2004
721 If you don't want to pay the DVR fee. They arn't cheap but not too expensive anymore either if you get a refurb as they are several years old.

Texanmutt

SatelliteGuys Guru
Oct 3, 2005
Somewere in texas
SimpleSimon said:
But if you hook a dual tuner receiver to a phone line, they will waive the $5/mo 2nd tuner fee.

Well i meant that if he had 2 other tuners for another 2 tv's, then he would be at dish net's 4 tuner limit for leasing equipment.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I personally like the 721 user interface but the 522 allows you independent television viewing whereas the 721 does not. The 522 also has better remote range since it uses UHF Pro technology and has a modulated secont tv output for better picture clarity to the other room(s) you connect it to.

Mr Zero

Oct 7, 2005
Thanks for the replies! I called Dish Network about the 522 and they told me I'll need to buy another receiver because I already have four leased from them. I wish they would just let me buy all of the receivers (although I'm sure they'd probably still find a way to charge me for those receivers). It seems odd that it's difficult to get a dual tuner receiver...

Mr Zero

Oct 7, 2005
sA :: Shaggy said:
wait, what switch are u using. If u are using a dp34 you will have to upgrade (i think) to a dpp44.

I have no idea. I currently have six receivers, however, if that tells you anything.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
he could be cascading DP34's (only dual tuners will work with the DPP44 and one line coming to unit). If its 4 receivers, he might have a DP34

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)